Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
There may be a lot of things I worry about these days, but Tesla not delivering the Cybertruck isn’t even in the list. They have made much more complicated vehicles and even delivered them earlier than anticipated. I am confident that if Giga Austin was complete tomorrow they would be delivering Cybertruck in a few months.
Based on his track record, there is a good chance you are right but I wouldn’t mind Tesla sending CT with a go pro to South America‘s dirt roads to make us feel better. sitting in the dark, your mind wonders you know......
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
There may be a lot of things I worry about these days, but Tesla not delivering the Cybertruck isn’t even in the list. They have made much more complicated vehicles and even delivered them earlier than anticipated. I am confident that if Giga Austin was complete tomorrow they would be delivering Cybertruck in a few months.
I'm also not worried about delivery. I believe production will start for the masses in early 2022. However, I disagree that they have made more complicated vehicles...I assume you are not talking about SpaceX of course.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Only 50,000 in the first year? And if that includes both CTs and other models, than that would be pretty sobering for all of us on the wait list for a CyberTruck. Assuming they start rolling out Dec 2021, and 50,000 total Teslas in the first 12 months, maybe than 30,000 CTs in 2022? Man, that means I will get mine in 2024. Dang.
I looked and could not find the source of my claim. I'm probably wrong. However, if GigaTX produces 150k vehicles we still have to account for the other vehicles they are producing. I don't think there's anyway they roll 100k CTs off the line in that first year...unless they have a change of heart sometime along the way and just produce CTs to at least get over the initial rush. I doubt they do that...but it'd be a lot cooler if they did.

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I do not think the critical path will be the building. It will be the tooling to manufacture the Cyber Truck. It is a completely new approach and all of the tooling will developed, tested and adjusted. Maybe they can get a jump on the battery manufacturing.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I do not think the critical path will be the building. It will be the tooling to manufacture the Cyber Truck. It is a completely new approach and all of the tooling will developed, tested and adjusted. Maybe they can get a jump on the battery manufacturing.
I agree. The building/factory may be completed by July 1st, but the tooling inside the factory could take several months...

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
In school, there was those of us that studied only the night of the exam, and those that studied from the first day of semester. Looking at prototypes of CT and Rivian, I sensed the same difference. I hope, CT is not a pipe dream and some one is really working on it because I Need a vehicle now and holding off for another two to three years just to be disappointed is not going to be fun. My personal needs aside, with the size of the truck market in U.S. there is a lot riding on CT‘s success. This could make a significant dent in EV adoption.
I am even less worried that I'll be disappointed by the CT that I end up getting. It's possible that the CT that comes out will not have all the wonderful features I would love. But at a minimum, I'm sure that the CT will have all the features that wowed me back on the big reveal day. Just those features are enough to blow all the competition out of the water. Anything past that is just icing on the cake.
Sponsored