Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
You mean the one with only 230 miles of EPA range when new? And no adjustable suspension? And that drives like a legacy pickup truck? And that doesn't have a lockable vault? And that is awkward to steer in tight spaces and off-road? And that has no power outlets without an expensive upgrade? And that has soft paint and thin body panels that will dent if you look at them wrong? OK Maynard.
No he means the one that you can get a color included with the price and don’t have to pay extra $6,500 for. The one that comes with a spare you don’t have to pay extra $1,250 for. The one that it’s bed is still usable when carrying a spare. The one you can actually use it’s Frunk space. The one that does not force you to pay extra for extra battery your use case does not demand. The only truck that makes it possible to go from A to B in an electric truck if you don’t have or not willing to pay $80K. The one with almost zero phantom loss. The one without complications or cost of having to deal deal with adjustable suspension. The one that drives NOTHING like legacy pickup trucks (it is very quiet and comfortable). The one with a base sound system that sounds great. The one with acceleration better than most ICE sport cars and many EVs (0-60 of 3.9 sec is certainly more than I will ever need). The one with a huge backseat area. The one that has already ton of reasonably priced aftermarket accessories available. The one that comes with instrument cluster. The one with decent size rear window. The one you don’t have to cover it’s glass roof to protect your bald head in summer.…….

The deal that I got for a dual motor Lightning (Pro) was less than half of cost of CT dual motor and a no brainer but even at current prices, I highly recommend it for anyone that can not afford CT dual motor, is not willing to Pay $80K+ or can not wait for it. CT is a great work of engineering any owner should be absolutely thrilled with. I am glad your portfolio is doing well and money is no object for you but putting down other options as much as it may make you feel better about your stocks is not good for general public who may be looking for sensible options.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
No he means the one that you can get a color included with the price and don’t have to pay extra $6,500 for. The one that comes with a spare you don’t have to pay extra $1,250 for. The one that it’s bed is still usable when carrying a spare. The one you can actually use it’s Frunk space. The one that does not force you to pay extra for extra battery your use case does not demand. The only truck that makes it possible to go from A to B in an electric truck if you don’t have or not willing to pay $80K. The one with almost zero phantom loss. The one without complications or cost of having to deal deal with adjustable suspension. The one that drives NOTHING like legacy pickup trucks (it is very quiet and comfortable). The one with a base sound system that sounds great. The one with acceleration better than most ICE sport cars and many EVs (0-60 of 3.9 sec is certainly more than I will ever need). The one with a huge backseat area. The one that has already ton of reasonably priced aftermarket accessories available. The one that comes with instrument cluster. The one with decent size rear window. The one you don’t have to cover it’s glass roof to protect your bald head in summer.…….

The deal that I got for a dual motor Lightning (Pro) was less than half of cost of CT dual motor and a no brainer but even at current prices, I highly recommend it for anyone that can not afford CT dual motor, is not willing to Pay $80K+ or can not wait for it. CT is a great work of engineering any owner should be absolutely thrilled with. I am glad your portfolio is doing well and money is no object for you but putting down other options as much as it may make you feel better about your stocks is not good for general public who may be looking for sensible options.
dude drives like a 1986 “legacy” pickup occasionally, and has never driven a cybertruck, but thinks he’s got the drop on how to compare a Lightning to a Cybertruck

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
dude drives like a 1986 “legacy” pickup occasionally, and has never driven a cybertruck, but thinks he’s got the drop on how to compare a Lightning to a Cybertruck
Also made "millions" on Tesla stock so not a typical truck user to begin with..

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Crissa got egg on face with those prices.
...The single motor still exists.

We'll see how long these prices last with all the whining. People kep asking for higher prices, but did they pay attention to me? Nooo...

The deal that I got for a dual motor Lightning (Pro) was less than half of cost of CT dual motor and...
The lowest Pro within 200 miles of me that doesn't have 22k miles on it is $53K.

-Crissa

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

We'll see how long these prices last with all the whining. People kep asking for higher prices, but did they pay attention to me? Nooo...

The lowest Pro within 200 miles of me that doesn't have 22k miles on it is $53K.

-Crissa
Single motor also 20k more than what was initially announced.

I'm sorry to say that if you are still hoping prices will come down another 10k in response to whatever reservation loss happens, you'll be waiting forever.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

-Crissa
Funny and sad. For those that can’t admit when they’re wrong. So do we now have to endure hundreds of posts on “when prices drop…”?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I find evolution of the tech as interesting as the next guy. That is why I am still here checking out Tesla innovations that deserve the credit but when it comes down to it, none of it is revolutionary, even the powertrain. You still sit in a metal cage with four wheels rotating under you to get you from A to B. You are not flying from your driveway to your destination and you are not beaming up like scotty. To the average user that is not blinded by marketing it is the same pig with different lipstick. May be when self driving is really self driving, something would be noticeably different. Don’t get me wrong my current truck feels much better than the 20 year old one it replaced but in my daily use, it does exactly the same job. Sometimes we get too caught up in these comparisons. The value of some of these differences can be vastly different to different individuals. Trying to convince someone else they should adopt my values is often a waste of time unless I have a stake in the company.

They are sitting on the lot longer than they used to. Dealers are still drunk with low inventory prices. Hangover will wear off soon and you may be able to get them at a better price.

Funny and sad. For those that can’t admit when they’re wrong. So do we now have to endure hundreds of posts on “when prices drop…”?
You may be right. If inflation persist, they may never come down. no one legally knows. We are all guessing here.

Fallenhero

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage X-Line, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Has anyone with a pre order got a email to buy the truck?

Fallenhero

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage X-Line, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I Just read that the first 1000 are "Founder Editions" with the 3 head logo and they are all going to VIPs so we are screwed again to keep waiting.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

If you could actually buy a new Ford Lightning for $55K, then you might have a little bit of a point.

But you can't.
Sponsored