Cybertruck design - Complying to ADR rules?

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CYBRTRK :-(
Hi chaps!

I'm sure all Tesla fans in Australia have read the numerous claims that the Cybertruck will not meet ADR regulations. These claims, of course, are usually backed by zero evidence.

Has anyone in Australia actually spent the time to dig deep into the Australian design rules to check if the latest Cybertruck Pre-production model complies?
I know the rules can be extremely complex, but hopefully the latest Cybertruck iteration we have seen will give us more of an insight.

Thanks

Edit: Sorry, just noticed the other thread about this. Feel free to delete this thread. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
All Bullshiite

The ADRs are performance-based and cover issues such as occupant protection, structures, lighting, noise, engine exhaust emissions, braking and a range of miscellaneous items

I can see nothing here

Seriously, do people think Tesla would have it up on their website if it couldn't meet ADR regulations ?

Were they talking about the prototype ? Which didn't yet have a mirror or a wiper? If so, the issue would be .. ohhh better put a wiper and mirror !!!!!

That's like telling your bride to be : 'better put on a wedding dress, otherwise the church won't let you in if you are naked !!

It was all FUD and clicks

also, if it was a size issue, which it isn’t. Easy-peasy answer to that one, lol.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Yeh there is literally nothing in the design rules about pedestrians.
That's entirely a concern when a completed vehicle reaches the safety testing faze.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Addendum

2-3 weeks ago went to Tesla website to get a trade-in quote. Had to check a box to see which car I wanted to buy. The CT was an option.

Doubt it would be there if there was an issue.

.....Next day got a call from the office, I was apologetic for having wasted their time, I didn't expect to talk to anyone. I'm still a ways away. She was fine with it, but she asked me if I wanted to test drive a model 3. I said no, I've had a ride in a model S, and next year my daughter will order a model Y. I will test that. But don't worry, I’m a fanboy !... I will wait for my Cybertruck.

Cant believe I actually said that. lol

My first formal interaction with a Tesla person.. Woo hooo
Sponsored