Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
What are the two tiny red lights for on the bottom rear? Just more brake lights?

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Marker lights I think

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Compared to when they brought it out on stage for the reveal, the headlight areas are more brightly lit now. The LED light bar was previously more evenly lit from end to end.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck drives into Tesla design studio Tesla-Cybertruck-electric-pickup-lights-on

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
Compared to when they brought it out on stage for the reveal, the headlight areas are more brightly lit now. The LED light bar was previously more evenly lit from end to end.

Tesla-Cybertruck-electric-pickup-lights-on.jpg
my bet is when you switch the truck to off-road mode, you’ll have access to the top and middle light bar.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Ok, I think it would be a good idea if they lent that one to me to test drive for a few years..........

OB2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Now seeing it in motion, I wonder if the upper truck bed portion (angled part) will be a blind spot concern. :unsure:

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Now seeing it in motion, I wonder if the upper truck bed portion (angled part) will be a blind spot concern. :unsure:
Sure looks to be a huge blind area. I’m wondering about the side mirrors/ camera and how this may solve the issue.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag

Tesla-Cybertruck-electric-pickup-lights-on.jpg
I definitely prefer the headlights on the unveil CT model (alpha stage?). I wish the tail light(s) looked more like, and start up like, that one car from Cyberpunk 2077:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck drives into Tesla design studio D036A705-9CB8-470D-ABDC-67B751E6ACC4

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck drives into Tesla design studio 506A12CA-D288-4424-A511-94C2DF008A7B

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
It certainly looks like it will be a blind spot but thankfully Tesla recently added side camera view when the turning signal is activated while driving.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Blindspots? Not so much. Mirrors are quicker and easier! Cybertruck tunnel vision through its rear backglass is undeniably limited.

With 360° glass greenhouse in my 2door Tahoe there isn’t a circumstance where I look over my shoulder to look that far aft on the driver’s side. The passenger side ditto…even though you’d think that vision back there would be more useful. I trust checking my mirrors to blindspot cars on both sides then a double-check look over my shoulder and turn.

BUT Cameras and TeslaVISION could be the end of mirrors via blindspot detection. Here’s to hope that NHTSB approves cameras to replace mirrors once camera system integration proves better and adds safety capabilities through innovation.

Fingers crossed PUREvision includes camera mirrors and TeslaVISION blindspots cars and obstructions even though it must be sold with old school mirrors.

Cybertruck tunnel vision through its rear backglass is undeniable. Cameras are going to be the innovation narrative in cyber aftwards. Tesla sticking TeslaVISION rearview cameras on Cybertruck would signal its commitment to all-encompassing safety integration with TeslaVISION. And while complying with NHTSB at the same time show how redundant mirrors are truly last century tech.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you check your mirrors and not your shoulders, you're running the risk of killing a motorcyclist every time you change lanes.

-Crissa
boy do you have that right.....I have over 250k miles on BMW bikes and in the LA to San Diego and LA to San Jose, drivers are crazy....I commuted on the bike from Irvine to San Jose (Santa Clara) for 10 years......almost got nailed a number of times in LA area and on CA-152 between the 101 and I-5....

However, My MS is terrible when looking over the shoulder...The B pillar obstructs 98% of the view....I look at screen a lot when backing up but when driving and lane changing, I am extra careful and really make an effort to look over my shoulder just to insure no car or bike is there

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
There's a second CT inside the building.

I think this is the first time we've seen two CT's in the same place.
Sponsored