MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Wasting no time. A local area concrete truck driver said his company is expected to start deliveries in October.

4DC00A21-869F-4F07-AA0A-3B86C1776FF6.jpeg
With those scrapers there, they could be fast tracking with a grading permit only. Even to get to this point, this thing has been going through the engineering, environmental, plan check and permitting for numerous months .... impressive, they've got some hot shot PM's working for them.

Bigsur345

Banned
Banned
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Man it would be awesome if I can licence the Cybertruck here in Austria, flying with my Licence Plate to Austin, then making a Road Trip to CA and the from West to East to NY .
I have never been in the US, so that would be a perfect opportunity to visit that country.
I was in Innsbruck years ago and I loved it. The place was beautiful and very, very clean ... I could live there. .... Come over to the USA, you will love it also.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I visited Vienna back in 2017. I was supposed to take a week long course in Derivatives Trading in Zurich through Deutsche Börse but it was cancelled and I had already bought airline tickets. So, I decided to make a vacation out of it and went to Milan, Zurich, Vienna and Prague.

While in Vienna I was trying to find the Vienna Stock Exchange just to check it out(It wasn't too far from my hotel). I looked up the address and put in my iPhone maps and was navigating trying to locate it.

As I was walking I came across the Tesla showroom in Vienna and went in to check it out.

A salesman promptly came up and we started talking and found out he was from Dallas(Richardson), Texas. I asked how he liked in Vienna and he said he loved it.

As I was leaving I asked him if he knew where the VSE was and he said he wasn't sure, so I headed on out on my journey.

Come to find out it was about a half a block away. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and when I got my refund back from Deutsche Börse I lost about $100.00 in the exchange rate.☹ And the International wire cost $100.00 when I paid for it!

Out of curiosity I again looked up the location of the Tesla Vienna showroom and it has moved from where I had been in 2017. Probably to a bigger place I guess.

I should have noted that I had even walked passed the VSE originally. Looking at my iPhone maps I should be near the place so I tuned back and saw some guys and asked them if they knew where it was and they pointed not far from where we were to it. It was in an unassuming building with a small sign above the small entrance. I was looking for something kinda bigger. Just a few days earlier I was at the Zurich Stock Exchange and you couldn't miss it. I'm thinking they have also moved to a new locale since. Both the VSE and the Tesla showroom were on the same street but opposite sides.

Also, not to be confused with the historic VSE which was about a mile away.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Considering I plow with it all winter and tow with it all summer she has been one hell of a truck.. Not diesel though.. Gas...
200K "Hard Earned" Miles are a bit harder on a machine that 200K Interstate miles. I Agree. I do hope it comes Snow Plow Ready.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Out of curiosity I again looked up the location of the Tesla Vienna showroom and it has moved from where I had been in 2017. Probably to a bigger place I guess.

I should have noted that I had even walked passed the VSE originally. Looking at my iPhone maps I should be near the place so I tuned back and saw some guys and asked them if they knew where it was and they pointed not far from where we were to it. It was in an unassuming building with a small sign above the small entrance. I was looking for something kinda bigger. Just a few days earlier I was at the Zurich Stock Exchange and you couldn't miss it. I'm thinking they have also moved to a new locale since. Both the VSE and the Tesla showroom were on the same street but opposite sides.

Also, not to be confused with the historic VSE which was about a mile away.
Is that close to the sausage plant?

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Makes me think of an interesting parallel, where Jack Daniels whiskey is made in Lynchburg Tennessee inside of a dry county, where it is not allowed to be sold or purchased, only shipped out.

Texas has not been kind to Tesla at all, both in refusing to allow direct sales in the state, and also threatening the ban of Tesla Service Centers via the language in a proposed bill early last year. Fortunately, that did not become Texas law. So the parallel here is that Tesla Cybertrucks will be made in Texas, but you won't be able to 'buy' them at a Tesla store in Texas? and will have to get them via 'online purchase' For Texans, test drives prior to purchase would have to be done in another state? If Texas doesn't change this after what Elon is doing and has done for them, then IMO he should reconsider Tulsa - just sayin'...

But on another concern this is fantastic for everyone if Elon and the Tesla team have done thorough environmental research on the land purchased. Currently IMO there is 'quite a ways' to go for this land area to become an "ecological paradise". There are massive sewage ponds adjacent to the southwest corner and South Austin Regional Wastewater treatment right outside the southeast boundary.

1595508756836.png

The stench from these types of ponds can be nearly unbearable. It's very disturbing these waste processing facilities are right on the Colorado River too. These ponds are still plainly visible on Google maps ( https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...cf79d122!8m2!3d30.2091069!4d-97.6472349?hl=en ). There is also the history of toxic wastes known in the area which had to be cleaned up when the airport was built from repurposed Bergstrom AFB.

So if Elon and team have done the due diligence and thorough research to assure they can make this area an "ecological paradise", then that's a win-win for everybody.

Not trying to put 'acid rain' on anybody's parade of excitement (I'm excited too) but these are real factors hopefully they've considered.
I agree. When I looked at the parcel close up on Google Earth I was not impressed AT ALL. Wet Lands everywhere. This is like the old joke "Hey buddy wanna buy some prime swampland?"

Reminds me of the open Phosphate Mines in Florida with the distinctive furrows in the land after the shovel cranes have stripped out the mineral rock and the pit fills in with water. You have to be kidding me.
There is a reason this land is cheap because that's what it is, Cheap Land, fit for a recreational Aligator Park, in that case, it's a sure fit.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Man it would be awesome if I can licence the Cybertruck here in Austria, flying with my Licence Plate to Austin, then making a Road Trip to CA and the from West to East to NY .
I have never been in the US, so that would be a perfect opportunity to visit that country.
Maybe you can hitch a ride on a returning car carrier going back to "Volkswagon Land."

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I agree. When I looked at the parcel close up on Google Earth I was not impressed AT ALL. Wet Lands everywhere. This is like the old joke "Hey buddy wanna buy some prime swampland?"

Reminds me of the open Phosphate Mines in Florida with the distinctive furrows in the land after the shovel cranes have stripped out the mineral rock and the pit fills in with water. You have to be kidding me.
There is a reason this land is cheap because that's what it is, Cheap Land, fit for a recreational Aligator Park, in that case, it's a sure fit.
Maybe because the average elevation is 420 feet? Elon likes to get that high.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Maybe because the average elevation is 420 feet? Elon likes to get that high.
When you were looking at Google Earth did you notice the date of the latest satellite view was 11/22/19. The day after the Cybertruck reveal. Hmmm

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The site itself is on a current cement place / gravel pit, isn't it?
Maybe that is why the land cost was so cheap. Maybe other land developers saw the site as being too much of a challenge to clean up old toxic wastes.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With those scrapers there, they could be fast tracking with a grading permit only. Even to get to this point, this thing has been going through the engineering, environmental, plan check and permitting for numerous months .... impressive, they've got some hot shot PM's working for them.
Could not agree more. As I type this on July 24th, 2020, (two days after the news release), the video I saw had LOTS of earthmoving equipment on site. That means that had contracts signed up; permits pulled, etc, like last month. For sure Tesla's logistics people have been on top of this for some time. This fast track start means the decision was a done deal for a least a couple of months. Sad that Elon got Tulsa's hopes up, but business is business.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Could not agree more. As I type this on July 24th, 2020, (two days after the news release), the video I saw had LOTS of earthmoving equipment on site. That means that had contracts signed up; permits pulled, etc, like last month. For sure Tesla's logistics people have been on top of this for some time. This fast track start means the decision was a done deal for a least a couple of months. Sad that Elon got Tulsa's hopes up, but business is business.
I don't know much about construction like some of you guys. But maybe they got the permits approved ahead of time just because its cheaper to get an application in than the waiting?

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If demand goes crazy then Tulsa may be the next expansion site. Seems like this site, making CTs, semis and mYs is constrained from too much expansion. Perhaps when Tesla sees the the demand once the CTs and Semis are out there they will be forced to dedicate the Austin site to CTs and expand Semis etc into Tulsa and other sites.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
maybe the Tesla Austin site will have a San Antonio river walk type of vibe with lit led CTs floating up and down the river. Cyber themed restaurants and a stage for Grimes.
Sponsored