Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla must employ some top notch Project Managers. This project is taking off giga fast!
Sponsored

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ok, so I couldn't wait until later this weekend and actually went and got some drone footage about 2 hours ago. Let me get the kids to bed and I'll post pics and videos here as well as maybe give it to "torque news" on YouTube as he churns out videos fairly quickly.

My impressions are that after seeing the initial cleared out areas, this factory is going to be amazing as it's clear how they are pedal to the metal getting huge spread out areas that ready for the many different buildings (I'm thinking the visitor and delivery centers) in place as well.

Also of note is that this is a pretty difficult area to get drone footage due to massive power transmission lines running directly by the site and then air restrictions due to ABIA (Austin Bergstrom International Airport) being super close. I use a DJI Mavic Mini which legal to fly pretty much anywhere due to it being under the government weight restrictions, but there are still geo-fences in place when around major airports and it is seems like the southernmost end of the project was a no go and it wouldn't let me go further. I'll provide more details with my next post that will have the footage. I'll probably start a new thread with it as a heads up.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Texas to Bama baby

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe Liebherr will show off their new all-electric cement mixer sometime this fall

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Has a Texas Home! Musk Announces Gigafactory Texas For Cybertruck Production! liebherr-electric

The first unit will enter regular service in Switzerland in autumn 2020.
Liebherr announced the first fully electric truck mixers ETM 1005 and ETM 1205 with respectively 10 and 12 m³ drums on a 5-axle chassis.
These new vehicles were developed in partnership with Designwerk, using as a base the Futuricum chassis and drum drive developed by Liebherr and ZF.
We already saw some approaches to electrify the truck mixers through a plug-in hybrid drive and electric drum drive - both in Chinaand in Europe by Liebherr (see here), but this time it's 100% electric, which makes perfect sense.
Truck mixers usually drive a short distance and always return to the same concrete plant where they can be fast-charged. By having an electric drive and electric drum drive (both powered jointly by the traction battery) savings on fuel might be huge. Additionally, the truck becomes zero-emission, quiet, simple to use and should be more reliable/cheaper to maintain.

According to Liebherr, ETM all-electric truck mixer has a range of 190-380 km (118-236 miles) - depending on various factors we guess. The info visible on the truck indicates a 340 kWh battery pack (modules supplied by BMW) and 500 kW of electric motor power.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Has a Texas Home! Musk Announces Gigafactory Texas For Cybertruck Production! liebherr-etm-all-electric-truck-mixer

Liebherr ETM all-electric truck mixer specs:

• range of 190-380 km (118-236 miles)
  • 340 kWh battery (BMW i)
  • 500 kW electric motor
  • gross vehicle weight of 40 tonnes
  • 5 axles
The first unit will enter regular service in Switzerland from autumn 2020

Source: INSIDEEVs

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ok, so I couldn't wait until later this weekend and actually went and got some drone footage about 2 hours ago. Let me get the kids to bed and I'll post pics and videos here as well as maybe give it to "torque news" on YouTube as he churns out videos fairly quickly.

My impressions are that after seeing the initial cleared out areas, this factory is going to be amazing as it's clear how they are pedal to the metal getting huge spread out areas that ready for the many different buildings (I'm thinking the visitor and delivery centers) in place as well.

Also of note is that this is a pretty difficult area to get drone footage due to massive power transmission lines running directly by the site and then air restrictions due to ABIA (Austin Bergstrom International Airport) being super close. I use a DJI Mavic Mini which legal to fly pretty much anywhere due to it being under the government weight restrictions, but there are still geo-fences in place when around major airports and it is seems like the southernmost end of the project was a no go and it wouldn't let me go further. I'll provide more details with my next post that will have the footage. I'll probably start a new thread with it as a heads up.
Ok, after a long night and 5hrs of sleep, I was able to put it up on youtube. I started a new thread with details and observations along with a link to the video here: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...tory-site-construction-is-well-underway.1360/

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If I can save a $1200 junk destination fee and get a factory tour then I’m taking a vacation in Austin and picking up my baby.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
If I can save a $1200 junk destination fee and get a factory tour then I’m taking a vacation in Austin and picking up my baby.
That would be a great way to pick up the CT but Elon has said that the destination fee stays even if you pick up at the factory. To me, if that's the case, they should have to include that in the price of the vehicle. It's to make the vehicle SEEM less expensive than it is and if it's a required expense, it should be in the price. "Oh, that Cybertruck? It's only $20,000... unless you want motors, batteries, windshield, delivery fee, windows, seats, etc...)" If a fee is required of every purchaser, it is no longer a fee but just the price of goods. and THAT is exactly why cable/satellite TV sucks SOOOOOO bad.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
All dealers include destination because all manufacturers charge it to the dealer.

It's definitely a solid revenue stream.

My day job had Tesla as a client for a few years.

When the M3 was released Tesla said "Okay, we're now going to pay only $xxx to have our cars picked up and moved across the country. Your problem, not ours." Over the years that price they are willing to pay has steadily gone down.

Tesla then started making their own open rack trailers, functioning much like the Cottrell open rack trailers.

Prior to this change, many Tesla's were transported in enclosed trailers, and hence, arrived at their destination clean and devoid of shipping damage. With the M3, it was all open rack due to the lower rates. Much more damage due to the nature of the business and operators.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (Tri Motor) on order
Country flag
Man it would be awesome if I can licence the Cybertruck here in Austria, flying with my Licence Plate to Austin, then making a Road Trip to CA and the from West to East to NY .
I have never been in the US, so that would be a perfect opportunity to visit that country.
Will the Cybertruck fit on European Roads? Thought it might have problems in the older countries.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I have never been in agreement with destination fee charges. It should be built in the price of the car, not added on.

It would be nice to pickup our CT's at the factory and take the ecological tour walk and maybe a bicycle ride if they decide to build a bike path. I would not be surprised if Tesla decides to open a casual style restaurant and a gift shop at the factory location. My hunch is that visitor numbers are going to exceed expectations. Another revenue stream!

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I have never been in agreement with destination fee charges. It should be built in the price of the car, not added on.
There are reasons it's not 'built into' the price of the car. The fee is the 'average' cost to ship a car, in theory. In reality it's a legit profit center for a manufacturer.

Logistics is a tricky business. The industry standard is to charge each dealer the destination fee, not the buyer. It's the fact that dealers pass that fee on to the buyer, and in some cases the dealer will actually mark that up! Sorry, but it's true.

Now, since the manufacturer is charging the dealer the same price for each car, it their job to move out all the cars to all the dealers for less than the sum total of all the fees charged to the dealers.

Since Tesla doesn't have dealers, Tesla is the dealer in this scenario.

It's safe to assume that a Tesla shipping from CA to northern Maine might cost more than the destination fee that customer is charged. And it's safe to assume that a customer pickup at the factory has incurred less costs. It's Tesla's logistics managers' job to have as much money left in his/her budget so it can be added to the to bottom line.
Sponsored