Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
I was just wondering how does the white interior of the Tesla stand up to time. I think they really look nice and I don’t know what the other options are. What is the material used for the seats ,and are they cleanable
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
You can go to the Tesla website and look at the interior trims. There are only a couple.

Yes, the white holds up but we got our X after all our dogs had gone to doggy heaven. I'm not sure the story would be the same if they had been regular riders.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"Yes, the white holds up but we got our X after all our dogs had gone to doggy heaven. I'm not sure the story would be the same if they had been regular riders. "

We work our vehicles like a rented mule. All of them get floor mats and seat covers the day they are picked up. I hope the trim package options for the CT include a basic vinyl floor covering since carpet is so easy to ruin. I also hope there are plenty of places to plug in accessories.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Again we can only assume that the CT will be similar to S,3,X,Y in this regard. There are aftermarket floor mats. In the X there is a "cigarette lighter" port and a couple of USB ports at the front seats and I think a couple more for the rear. As there will be 120/240 in the bed they could put a 110 VAC outlet in the cabin. That can be handy.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I use the 120v plug in my vehicle all the time. Charge my computer and kids game systems. I have even ran a palm sander with it on a public bench I built. I really hope there is a 120v plug in the cab.

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
I can't imagine having a white interior in a truck unless it's only used as a people hauler and you don't have kids or dogs. White always looks great when it's brand new though!

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
I was just wondering how does the white interior of the Tesla stand up to time. I think they really look nice and I don’t know what the other options are. What is the material used for the seats ,and are they cleanable
From what I understand, Tesla makes the material they use for their seats in house. Apparently, this material does not stain, does not discolor, does not odorize, and a whole bunch of other things. As far as i can tell, they are the only ones using this material, and tesla owners right now seem to really like it. I haven't heard of any problems with it thus far, so I assume it's pretty amazing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 AWD LR M3, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
After owning a lot of cars, I hope to never be stuck with another black interior as standard option only. I paid extra for white in my M3 if for nothing else than not burning my a$$ in the summer. Sure you can pre-cool the interior but an all glass roof will still allow black seat material to absorb a lot of heat. Nicest interior I ever had, classy yet rugged looking, was a BMW with a colour called “saddle brown”. So nice, everyone remarked on it. This colour in Tesla’s super durable “Vegan leather” in my CT? I’d be even more over the moon crazy over my CT!!!

Cmgarcial

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Corvette Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I live in North Central Texas, I own a Corvette Rag top and Black Interior. In the summertime and after 15 minutes parked in the midday the black interior surfaces can reach 120º-130º F. Your butt and back will let you know how hot that is, and you can not hold the steering wheel.

My Tesla is White with a Tan interior, it still gets hot, but not to the same degree.

Almost every vehicles I have owned, are light color exterior and interior.

I will without a doubt opt for the lightest interior color offered, White is fine, tan is perhaps better to hide dirt.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck interior color and quality My Tesla S

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
From what I understand, Tesla makes the material they use for their seats in house. Apparently, this material does not stain, does not discolor, does not odorize, and a whole bunch of other things. As far as i can tell, they are the only ones using this material, and tesla owners right now seem to really like it. I haven't heard of any problems with it thus far, so I assume it's pretty amazing.
I would like to read more about this material...could you share your source?
EDIT: Found enough info in a cursory search.

Last edited:

Mothertrucker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FPV Pursuit
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Pale interior white/beige every time I can. Black is boring

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Light gray interior on past sedan, 3 year old with a blue ballpoint pen, loading up the car from a sister’s in law’s kid’s birthday. Wife let our son in the car. I came out…

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Instant regret, traumatized my son, remembers vividly 17 years later. Blue scribbles on the headboard.

I lost my composure, got most out in cleaning, barely noticeable to everyone but me. Luckily, it was my wife’s car.

What’s the point, real life happens, make the material cleanable.

Mothertrucker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FPV Pursuit
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I often get told told that. "White always gets so dirty". Got some news for you. So does black, you just can't see it, so you sit in it.

Majid Abrari

First Name
Majid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 - 2018 Mazda CX-9
Country flag
That’s correct. My wife’s model 3 white seats look brand new after 6 months of continuous usage.
Sponsored