Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My 2019 Ram had surprisingly useful cup holders in the doors. I usually won't use door cup holders because of poor design and do not hold cups/drinks well but the Ram's did a great job.

Hopefully we will see the same with the CT
My particular problem with the door bottle holder is that I have to reach for it with my right hand because there isn't enough room to reach with my left hand. So I am driving and reaching across my body to get/return the bottle. It is awkward, uncomfortable, and unsafe. When I had a cup/bottle holder higher and to the left of the steering wheel I could just use my left hand (I am left handed) and all was great. The Tesla vehicles appear to have been designed for right-handed drivers at best :-(
Sponsored

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
My particular problem with the door bottle holder is that I have to reach for it with my right hand because there isn't enough room to reach with my left hand. So I am driving and reaching across my body to get/return the bottle. It is awkward, uncomfortable, and unsafe. When I had a cup/bottle holder higher and to the left of the steering wheel I could just use my left hand (I am left handed) and all was great. The Tesla vehicles appear to have been designed for right-handed drivers at best :-(
there is a door organizer insert for the model y that has a cup holder spot that looks useful.. i suspect shortly after release <or even on release> there will be a TON of organizers for EVERY storage area in the CT

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
What do you mean "no rear display"? I went to the Twitter feed and saw nothing but discussion about the rear-view mirror and no display behind the steering wheel ... nothing about a display in the back.

It is unfortunate that they dropped the display behind the steering wheel idea. I like it on the X and was kind of hoping for one because I HATE looking over at the monitor.

I do not see how they can have a powered tonneau and not have a camera-based rear view 'mirror'. And even if the tonneau is open the view through the rear window would be inadequate for a truck. So I suspect that you are wrong if you were talking about the rearview 'mirror' not being a display. It was a display in the unveiling and Tesla never said it was changing.

What is also sad and unfortunate (and will maybe be an option - though Tesla doesn't really do options) would be side-view monitors. Those A-Pillars are large enough for monitors.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Or……to add warmth to the cold looking interior.

Tesla Cybertruck High Quality Cybertruck Interior Shots From Cars and Coffee w/ Franz. IMG_3737

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
What do you mean "no rear display"? I went to the Twitter feed and saw nothing but discussion about the rear-view mirror and no display behind the steering wheel ... nothing about a display in the back.

It is unfortunate that they dropped the display behind the steering wheel idea. I like it on the X and was kind of hoping for one because I HATE looking over at the monitor.

I do not see how they can have a powered tonneau and not have a camera-based rear view 'mirror'. And even if the tonneau is open the view through the rear window would be inadequate for a truck. So I suspect that you are wrong if you were talking about the rearview 'mirror' not being a display. It was a display in the unveiling and Tesla never said it was changing.

What is also sad and unfortunate (and will maybe be an option - though Tesla doesn't really do options) would be side-view monitors. Those A-Pillars are large enough for monitors.
Yea, none of that.

I’m talking about the backseat display. At investor day there was a display in the back seats. That doesn’t appear to be on this one.

I’m pretty confident the rearview mirror display is there.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
too bad the center console doesn't flip back to add an extra seat, however I guess you need a permanent console for storage and this way the seats will be more comfortable and better fitting than a bench.

I guess they discussed the pros and cons after the initial presentation and came to the concusion that families of 6 are pretty rare these days. Good thing my 4 kids are grown up and have their own rides lol.
Don’t think it has too much to do with being rare as it does to figuring out a way to install a useful airbag around that massive 18.5” screen.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
None of these pictures negates the possibility of a rear display. It's built into the rear of the center console and wouldn't be viewable exept from the rear.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
too bad the center console doesn't flip back to add an extra seat, however I guess you need a permanent console for storage and this way the seats will be more comfortable and better fitting than a bench.

I guess they discussed the pros and cons after the initial presentation and came to the concusion that families of 6 are pretty rare these days. Good thing my 4 kids are grown up and have their own rides lol.
Don’t think it has too much to do with being rare as it does to figuring out a way to install a useful airbag around that massive 18.5” screen.

I agree, in total it is not rare at all. Can not only look at immediate family. Need to look at extended family size (include grandparent/s, nieces/nephews) and family size + friends of family's children ( a few neighbor children or school pals or children sports team pals).

Still today there are very few reasonable priced EVs (not expensive Model X) that can comfortable carry combinations of 6 (2-4 adults and 2-4 children) AND luggage/gear.
Model Y 7-seater is not really a SUV, is too small and has too little ground clearance.

A 6-seater Cybertruck looked like it was only option and seating for 6 and lot of room for luggage/gear was why I have several reservations.
Sponsored

Last edited: