Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Episode 4: In this episode of the Cybertruck Competitive Comparison Series, Sandy discusses automotive interior designs of the past, present, and future. He covers everything including the instrument panel, door panels, seats, center consoles, HVAC, safety/restraints, and electronics. Please tune in every Wednesday to follow along as Sandy reviews a different area of the Cybertruck. Next week Sandy will do a ride and drive with Ford, Ram, & Chevy.

Sponsored

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Good video. I also agree that of the big 3 Dodge has the best product and GM the worst. If something happens and I don't get a CT a Ram would be the replacement

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have to say that I haven’t used the deep console storage thing except for things I rarely use for a long time (several cars) but still I like the idea of having one. With the middle seat on the CT there won’t be one because the seat back will have to house cup holders and will have space for very little else, and the seat I suppose might lift up and offer some storage but would be awkward to use.

So we tend to like putting things down and having them stay put...how is Tesla going to address this? Someone mentioned a couple months ago having that entire dash open into storage and I like that idea even if impractical due to the steering wheel and monitor.

Any other thoughts on cab storage?

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
I have to believe that the CT dash will look vastly different than the paper dash it now sports. It's pretty much useless the way it is right now. Kids might enjoy coloring on it, but that's about it.,

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Storage would be cool in the dash besides glovebox . I would like it sleek like it is. I don’t want shelves. Already enough space to put things. Its an EV. Interior space is one of the many pluses in owning one. Shelves would be just silly. would love Elon and his team of engineers to create hidden compartments within and around the dash.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I have to believe that the CT dash will look vastly different than the paper dash it now sports. It's pretty much useless the way it is right now. Kids might enjoy coloring on it, but that's about it.,
You say that... but everyone said the same thing about the model 3.

Prototype interior:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Interior Compared to Competitors (Sandy Munro Series) 1592416628735

Actual interior:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Interior Compared to Competitors (Sandy Munro Series) 1592416680698

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
I have to say that I haven’t used the deep console storage thing except for things I rarely use for a long time (several cars) but still I like the idea of having one. With the middle seat on the CT there won’t be one because the seat back will have to house cup holders and will have space for very little else, and the seat I suppose might lift up and offer some storage but would be awkward to use.

So we tend to like putting things down and having them stay put...how is Tesla going to address this? Someone mentioned a couple months ago having that entire dash open into storage and I like that idea even if impractical due to the steering wheel and monitor.

I can imagine there will be a spot either in the dash, or that will pop out from under the dash, like the glovebox does in the Model 3. Model S initially came out with no center storage, save for a small amount in the arm rest, and a open “basin” between the front seats. They’ve since added the center storage. I can imagine they would possibly offer this as a Tesla Shop option, for those that had no need for the middle seat.

Motortrend had a decent image of the interior and the compartment on the middle seat, that looks comparable in size to the other Big 3 center consoles. I can imagine they’ll have nets, or some sort of compression strap in there to keep loose items intact.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Interior Compared to Competitors (Sandy Munro Series) 257DE4B9-EA7F-471D-9C06-E95F64E6F773

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
2019 Ram:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Interior Compared to Competitors (Sandy Munro Series) 1592420890303

Flip up seat and console storage seems pretty standard.. Lets watch the CyberTruck out do it. ?

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag

It shouldn't be anymore awkward than a center console. I've used both.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
A truck interior is like a mobile office to many so storage capacity and utility is a big selling point. The Ram would make any closet organizer proud. Plus I need a lockable compartment to hold some of my "tools" let us say.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I'm guessing there will be air bags behind the front of that dash. At least in big sections. May not be a way to get storage in there.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
A truck interior is like a mobile office to many so storage capacity and utility is a big selling point. The Ram would make any closet organizer proud. Plus I need a lockable compartment to hold some of my "tools" let us say.
Keep talking. More compartments make travels and trailering SO MUCH MORE stress free cuz everything can finally have a place where I don’t have to walk back to the damn trailer to get it. Really, Cybertruck already has changed the world. A truck to me is like a marriage. I give to her like what I did for My wife, just a bit different. My wife got a shiny diamond ring when I asked for her hand in marriage. My truck , well I offer her a pretty LiL shiny stainless 45-70. Funny thing , Trucks are different for a reason. And I don’t have time to write a book?
Sponsored