Cybertruck is Eternal?... The last vehicle you ever need to purchase?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Personal use, project 20 ownership. Evaluate after 20 years whether to keep or punt.
First 10 as daily driver, after 10 years assess if I want to continue or switch to another daily driver.
Next 10 years as a secondary vehicle.
Besides standard maintenance, including changing the airbag suspension, I anticipate refreshing the interior at the 10 year mark.
After 20 years, my personal use will rack up 500K miles. At 500, assess the battery life if I should plan on replacing, continue using or punting the car.
I may be 30 years away from needing to give up my license. Whatever FSD is at that time, I am planning to have my personal robot vehicle be my transport.
If the autonomous network is in play, I do not like sharing my vehicle and most likely will buy another vehicle to work the system. Would do as long as the concern for drunk occupants, non-license drivers, and insurance responsible are nailed. Oh, and that pesky small little detail of solving autonomous driving.
The intention is to keep this truck forever but, not have this truck be my last vehicle purchase for myself.
Flying cars!
Space cars! Leisurely drive to the moon
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I plan on driving the CT until it is a classic car. Then fix it up with the aftermarket like classics are today. Then I will drive a classic car as my daily driver. Should look just like an awesome barn find only with 1 million km on it. I will be 37-38 when I get my CT. i plan to drive it for work for another 15-20 years putting 50,000 km a year. In 20 years that is 1 million km. It should still have 600,000 km left on the drive train and batteries. Good time for a refresh on some parts right before I retire. I hope it can be retrofitted with the flying car parts and new computers and all the self driving tech we will have by then. If all goes to plan this could be the last vehicle that I buy.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Thanks! They will become "Classic" or "Vintage", not used.
Old guys like me like and restore the old muscle cars now.
I personally drive a 1955 Mack Fire Engine daily as a tour bus over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, for example. :)
Paladin..... as in
Have battery Will travel ?

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I am gonna steal that.... I always felt like I was Fred Flintstone, big and loud. And my 2008 Dodge Big Horn pick-up has felt like a dinosaur for about 5 years. (I think it was the last car sold with a CD player.)
I am going from the log-mobile to the spacemobile.
My 2014 Silverado LTZ has a CD changer in it if you can believe it. Technology in that truck felt dated the day I bought it!

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I guess I'll have to make plans on which of the kids will inherit it. Pretty sure it'll outlast me.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I guess I'll have to make plans on which of the kids will inherit it. Pretty sure it'll outlast me.
Buy one for each of them as there inheritance.

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Buy one for each of them as there inheritance.
The 8 grandkids will be driving by then and they'll probably feel left out so I'm looking at an even dozen. Going to have to revise my budget or buy more Tesla stock.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I plan on driving the CT until it is a classic car. Then fix it up with the aftermarket like classics are today. Then I will drive a classic car as my daily driver. Should look just like an awesome barn find only with 1 million km on it. I will be 37-38 when I get my CT. i plan to drive it for work for another 15-20 years putting 50,000 km a year. In 20 years that is 1 million km. It should still have 600,000 km left on the drive train and batteries. Good time for a refresh on some parts right before I retire. I hope it can be retrofitted with the flying car parts and new computers and all the self driving tech we will have by then. If all goes to plan this could be the last vehicle that I buy.
In my case, at my age, it will be my last vehicle.

And I knew there was another accessory that should be offered. I'd like to be buried in it, so how about a fitted coffin for the vault.

WFrazier

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck preorder
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Yeah, I was thinking of keeping this vehicle forever. Though I was thinking of it more as a collectors item. I would love to keep it operational replacing parts as they break.

Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Last vehicle I’ll ever need....that’s why they call the bed “The Vault” ?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Cybertruck is Eternal?... The last vehicle you ever need to purchase?

With 30X cold rolled stainless steel, Armor glass, easy component swapout, over the air upgrades, etc., buy one and keep it literally forever.
So, instead of a 6 year life, eternal life?

Imagine the results... buy ONE Cybertruck when you are 18 years old, never have to buy another car ever.
Multigenerational... pass it on to your kids and grandkids and great grandkids... to infinity and beyond...
It's like buying mobile real estate.

Other results:
No more used car lots... ( They go out of business. No one gets rid of their Cybertruck ever. )

Insurance cost almost negligible... built like a tank, active self driving avoids 99% of accidents.
( Tesla provides insurance, all other auto insurance companies go bankrupt.)

Robotaxi your Cybertruck when you're not driving it, make about $30,000 a year in passive income.
Drive to work, then Cybertruck works FOR you, while you are at work, then picks you up.
Drive home, then Cybertruck works FOR you, while you sleep. And supercharges itself when demand is low.

Ideas?
It's eternal... 3am eternal!

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
Definitely a daily and tow rig for sure. Will I keep it as long we keep Hondas? I am not sure. If this can be proven reliable over time (with that giant screen not having any failures at all), and I mean overtime, sure, I will keep it and have future heirs learn how to drive in this tank rather than using my precious MDX.

Time will tell. This definitely isn't my final vehicle, as I am a car enthusiast.

Texaswingnut

First Name
Christian Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cadcamchris.com
Vehicles
Toyota tundra
Occupation
3D printing technician
Country flag
Yep. I'm one of those guys that drives the same thing for a minimum of 10 years. Currently in a 2010 Toyota Tundra which is the most reliable production vehicle to date. More Tundra's have 1 million miles than any domestic. HOWEVER, I'll trade that ole girl in or sell it immediately when my number comes up for my CT. I'll drive that thing for another 10 years or until I end up on the other side of the dirt.
Sponsored