CyberTruck is TERRIBLE for Costco Runs! Prove Me Wrong!

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
Bought my first pick up truck in 2014, switching from a Subaru Outback and there's a learning curve for sure! Just fold those back seats up and you'll have all the space you need. I could never switch away from one at this point. I use that full 6ft. bed for house, work and camping. Enjoy!

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But I'm guessing you never owned a truck before. :)

Welcome to owning a truck! Wait until you do a Home Depot run... you will think "Oh man... best thing EVAHHHHHH" :p
Arg, wasted 4+ minutes on that video. In addition to your suggestions, Costco has boxes everywhere. Just grab one or two (like I do) for your stuff. Alternately have a cheap plastic tub or two. How is this different than any other vehicle? Do you just throw a bunch of produce in the trunk or back seat of your car? YT and TT click bait IMO. The yelling is irritating. The whole premise is just dumb. No offense. :)

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag
Is it really that weird to not use bags?
No... in all honesty my wife literally has about 10 reusable bags that you get from the grocery store for .99 or from chachkis you get from conferences or cheap holiday gifts from her work. Its a hodgepodge of 10 different colors and styles ranging from cloth to that reusable plastic.

She keeps them in her F150 in the back. I don't keep any in my F350... mostly because I use the back seat for other things I carry, or I just like it neat and clean. She is always prepared when we go to the Grocery store or Sam's club. But when I go, I have an "oh shit" moment when I m checking out... because I didn't have bags. So I have to dump them all in the back. If I have my cargo net, I will use the bed. The problem with dumping anything in the bed, bagged or not bagged without a cargo net is when you accelerate and stop, the groceries end up all over the bed. It's a real PITA. So yeah, I will just raise my seats in the back and dump it all there. Sometimes I dont even raise the seats.. I put the heavy stuff like canned goods, etc on the floor and the other items on the seats.

So...no... its not weird to use bags... I just haven't trained myself like my wife to keep them in the back of my truck like brining my wallet.

DVCyber

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation CyberTruck Cyberbeast
Country flag
Ok dude really? This is the content you want to share?
Ok…..every truck owner know to pick up some boxes or bring their own bags.
Other than that spend some money for the bed divider and position it where your products don’t move….

or do what I do. Take my wife’s Jeep.

OP
OP
UTECHPIA

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast, 2023 MYP, 2007 S2000, 1998 NSX
Country flag
It’s a Truck, the bed is there for a reason….. WTF…
Hehe, sorry for provoking your WTF moment. I am a newbie truck owner, so I have NO IDEA how to use a truck, just comparing it to my model Y for now, but learning to quickly adapt.

honestly, I don’t think I am the only new truck owner that owns/getting a Cybertruck. 😅

OP
OP
UTECHPIA

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok dude really? This is the content you want to share?
Ok…..every truck owner know to pick up some boxes or bring their own bags.
Other than that spend some money for the bed divider and position it where your products don’t move….

or do what I do. Take my wife’s Jeep.

thanks for your helpful suggestion!

I am genuinely trying to adapt to the “truck life”. Thank you for tolerating my lack of knowledge and lack of experience with trucks. 🙏

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We always go to Costco and never bring bags. I don’t see many other shoppers bring bags, or maybe I am not looking closely enough?

Is it really that weird to not use bags?

we put Costco stuff in our Model Y without bags:
Your Model Y is much smaller!

Seems like you forgot a deal about 'it's a truck'? 😆

-Crissa

OP
OP
UTECHPIA

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Get the Tesla cargo divider. Works great and is adjustable for both big and large Costco runs. This pic is of my first Costco run.

IMG_1932.jpeg
I am getting this for sure!

the stuff we picked up from Costco was not “boxed” so it was just all over the place. 😅
But the divider will surely help! 👍
Thanks!

OP
OP
UTECHPIA

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your Model Y is much smaller!

Seems like you forgot a deal about 'it's a truck'? 😆

-Crissa
Exactly…. I was only thinking Cybertruck is “bigger” than my Model Y…. So it can do everything my Model Y can do, but better… right!? I was WRONG.

TRUCKS are just designed differently! 😅
Sponsored