Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
One of SpaceX's stated goals is to send a first cargo mission to Mars in 2022. The Cybertruck, with its futuristic sci-fi design, has prompted many renderings depicting it on Mars, which may actually become reality a few years from now.

A Twitter user asked Musk whether the upcoming SpaceX Starship will have a Cybertruck on board during its 2022 cargo mission to Mars, to which he responded:

That's not a denial, so we wouldn't be surprised to see the Cybertruck drive itself onto the surface of Mars in just a few years time.

This would not be the first time Musk has sent a vehicle into space. On February 6, 2018, Musk's personal Tesla Roadster was launched into space aboard a SpaceX Falcon rocket.
Sponsored

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Cool! I'm hoping to drive my Cybertruck to Mars, or at least the Moon, by 2025.......

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
I would rather Tesla focus on getting this truck to market than to Mars.
I think it's important they open up the Mars market as well..........that market could be out of this world.........

Last edited:

Forrest White

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe
Country flag
They have quite a weir desire to send their cars into space. I meant, Tesla, Cybertruck.. Maybe this is a kind of hidden mission or conspiracy.

Forrest White

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe
Country flag
That's really cool, it's true. But as far as I know, that is not possible to take the car back and it will be flying in the orbit forever until the space body as an asteroid destroys it. Anyway, it won't be a clever decision to take it back - how many resources are needed for it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Most of the damage is being done by the solar wind. The car is being exposed not just to the cold vacuum of space and the blazing heat of the sun, but high-energy particles and uv ablating it like a laser.

Retrieving it would be fascinating just for the material science it could advance.

-Crissa