Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That's really great, the point is still the point though. Would someone let themselves be ran over by their partner to that extent? If your partner picks what you drive what's next?

"I laid out your clothes for today honey"

Enough of that though, everyone can do their own thing I guess, but maybe not? haha not something I would ever accept. I'm pretty psyched to see the Cybertruck options, particularly how they implement the solar option. Will it be only the tonneau cover, or will there be additional options like a storable solar option that could be used. I really like the idea of the capability of being independent of the electrical grid.
Here's a little anthem I "used" to live by, before I met the woman of "my" dreams.

Sponsored

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Here's a little anthem I "used" to live by, before I met the woman of "my" dreams.

🤮 Damn my ears are killing me!! killing me!! That "music" is unacceptable!!!, you listened to that on purpose? that sounds good to you? alright you win.....

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
That's really great, the point is still the point though. Would someone let themselves be ran over by their partner to that extent? If your partner picks what you drive what's next?

"I laid out your clothes for today honey"

Enough of that though, everyone can do their own thing I guess, but maybe not? haha not something I would ever accept. I'm pretty psyched to see the Cybertruck options, particularly how they implement the solar option. Will it be only the tonneau cover, or will there be additional options like a storable solar option that could be used. I really like the idea of the capability of being independent of the electrical grid.
Do we value our partner greater than a vehicle?

If your point is why let your mate control every aspect of someone’s life, this is an outlier scenario.

Financial decisions with partners, just like hiring with a remote and local manager, two to hire and one to fire. Life is better, imo, when synergy is reached on decisions such as these.

my 2 cents

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Same. Shouldn't be a big deal, anyhow ^-^

Our vehicles are shared, our budget is shared, our parking space is shared... of course she has input into what I drive.

-Crissa
We are the same way, we respect each others input, and we both essentially have veto rights (typically exercised when I am about to do something potentially stupid and expensive with the Jeep)

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The thing I'm most excited about currently is when Tesla finally allows us to pick our options for the Cybertruck.

My wife hates how the Cybertruck looks, but when the options come out....I think she'll get a little more excited about things. I told her that she can help me choose the options and then maybe she'll change her mind about the whole thing.

You would think this would be coming soon since the factory is currently being built and start of production is what 8 months ish???

Thoughts?
Mirrors the secret to Jeep success! American Mtrs realized men couldn’t buy a Jeep without the lady in his life OK’ing purchase. Jeeps were a hard sell. SO AMC put automatic transmissions in its Jeeps. Suddenly the ladies saw that they coukd drive an automatic Jeep - the rest is history.

Cybertruck is not a Jeep. Ladies see it as too weird looking, too big and sees her guy going ‘bonkers’ like it was EDC apocalypse vehicle out of some movie. Ladies don’t want to live in a movie.

SO IDK what Cybertruck’s secret lady sauce will be like ”heated seats” did it for sportscars, 4 doors for performance cars and powered retractable roofs did it for divorcees. Nothing Elon’s previewed yet shows an iota of insight into the mysteries of the other sex.

Perhaps not his strongest suit. Wish Grimes already has a CT in a secret studio that at this very moment is being transformed into a work of art or mobile version of a lady’s ”SheWagon”. I’d buy tickets to her CT opening. People don’t understand CyberLandr positive reception and the mix that adds to Cybertruck is very interesting.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Do we value our partner greater than a vehicle?

If your point is why let your mate control every aspect of someone’s life, this is an outlier scenario.

Financial decisions with partners, just like hiring with a remote and local manager, two to hire and one to fire. Life is better, imo, when synergy is reached on decisions such as these.

my 2 cents
"Do we value our partner greater than a vehicle" I view that as an unrealistic argument.

This isn't a financial decision, many vehicles are similarly priced whatever you're buying. You can purchase the cybertruck in all different price points. The specs alone on the cybertruck warrant the purchase, regardless of who likes or dislikes the design. If a spouse(husband or wife) can't see that then they're not being honest or objective. They're being controlling and manipulative.

It's reminds me of my friend's wife, and their 20 year failed marriage(good riddance) guess who drove a POS for the entire marriage? Guess who drove a new BMW the entire marriage. Guess who didn't work for half the marriage. Guess who traded in the 5 year old BMW for a brand new vehicle weeks before dropping divorce papers. People can be blinded in a relationship trying to make it work, sometimes you might want to do an accurate reassessment of a relationship, and your possible acquiescence to a spouse's every desire. It could be you're better off divorced, you could be married to a controlling narcissist with homicidal tendencies. Do you think a victim of a black widow saw the ricin going into their dinner?

my $2, because I know a thing or two, because I've seen a thing or two

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The term I used is when a remote manager hires personnel, the local manager helps interview and agrees but, addressing poor performance is not hamstrung by waiting for the remote manager to agree when a local manager has documented events.

The term specially covers both remote and local managers need to be in agreement hiring.

Continuous improvement focuses on training and celebrates issues as an opportunity for improvement.

From experience, automating repetition frees employees to use their most valuable talent, their intellect. Provide tools for success.

I am afraid you took my comment out of context. The comment was not meant to convey an oppressive work environment.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
"Do we value our partner greater than a vehicle" I view that as an unrealistic argument.

This isn't a financial decision, many vehicles are similarly priced whatever you're buying. You can purchase the cybertruck in all different price points. The specs alone on the cybertruck warrant the purchase, regardless of who likes or dislikes the design. If a spouse(husband or wife) can't see that then they're not being honest or objective. They're being controlling and manipulative.

It's reminds me of my friend's wife, and their 20 year failed marriage(good riddance) guess who drove a POS for the entire marriage? Guess who drove a new BMW the entire marriage. Guess who didn't work for half the marriage. Guess who traded in the 5 year old BMW for a brand new vehicle weeks before dropping divorce papers. People can be blinded in a relationship trying to make it work, sometimes you might want to do an accurate reassessment of a relationship, and your possible acquiescence to a spouse's every desire. It could be you're better off divorced, you could be married to a controlling narcissist with homicidal tendencies. Do you think a victim of a black widow saw the ricin going into their dinner?

my $2, because I know a thing or two, because I've seen a thing or two
Yeah…yeah…yeah…

I wish you the best

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Conversation got weird.

Of course you talk to your spouse about buying a car. I could not imagine having a healthy relationship where you make a big financial decision like a car purchase without discussing it first.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
🤮 Damn my ears are killing me!! killing me!! That "music" is unacceptable!!!, you listened to that on purpose? that sounds good to you? alright you win.....
Not his best song but come on.. Tom waits is great, and a widely celebrated musician.
Sponsored