Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
The heated steering wheel is amazing. Honestly.
Agreed. That (and "birds eye" view) is what we miss most about the Nissan Leaf.

CyberJack

First Name
Emory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Forensic Nurse
Country flag
Well, one option that wont be offered is the fool proof "Happy Wife Option".

I have the most amazing wife/partner/best friend. BUT, when she was in college she bought a BMW, and being a car guy, I did the PPI (pre purchase inspection) on it. That car had every problem a car could have and she lost $2k when she sold it. She HATES BMWs because of that one car.

When VW had Dieselgate we all sold our TDIs back to VW (made a killing!), and I bought a BMW, diesel, awd, wagon, red leather interior, 600 watt stereo, 42mpg. It's the ONE thing we argue about. I have nearly 200k miles on the car and its been pure hell.

Buy the CT, forget the wife's opinion. If I can grin and bear it for all of married mankind, you can too.

To remain on topic, I really hope it has, or as an option, front and rear heated seats and heated steering wheel. I never knew I needed a heated steering wheel until I bought a BMW! HA!!

I had a BMW with the heated steering wheel as well. I loved it!! I’ll never buy another car without one again. Being up here in New England it’s nice to have the heat off in the car but have a warm seat and steering wheel!

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Out here in so cal. I like the cooling seats. Wife likes the heated seats. That’s why we have a heated bidet seat.

I would like to see the largest power inverter possible. The factory one in my Nissan is all but useless at 150-400 watts.

A built in storage floor that slides open and is water tight.

A tailgate that incorporates a built in ramp. Or possibly a tilt bed for loading and unloading.

Built in through the hub Tire air filling. With a compressor that can supply a decent size air tank.

Will think of other options as they come to me.

Rick.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A tailgate that incorporates a built in ramp. Or possibly a tilt bed for loading and unloading.

B

Rick.
[/QUOTE]

Won't the CT already have these two things? It won't have a tilt bed but the whole truck can sorta squat down.

Ed Harris

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
The thing I'm most excited about currently is when Tesla finally allows us to pick our options for the Cybertruck.

My wife hates how the Cybertruck looks, but when the options come out....I think she'll get a little more excited about things. I told her that she can help me choose the options and then maybe she'll change her mind about the whole thing.

You would think this would be coming soon since the factory is currently being built and start of production is what 8 months ish???

Thoughts?
If she says NO... Can I have your place in line?

Cybergroove

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Single Motor Cybertruck, 2 Two Motor Cybertrucks and 1 Tri-Motor Cybertruck. All three have FSD
Occupation
Sustainable Future Advocate
Country flag
There will be a ton of aftermarket customization options like 3rd or 4th row seating, camper shells, ladder and/or lumber racks, mind blowing wraps that might appeal to significant others. There is also the opportunity for a self extinguishing loan if the CT is networking with the Tesla Robotaxi system. Once the CT pays for itself it can provide a regular stream of income that could provide investment capital for retirement or the kiddo’s education. The possibilities are endless in evolutionary potential.

uppadaandroid

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Data Engineering Lead
Country flag
I can see an interior option (white and black), Tire option (35s off-road or 32 streets). There's nothing else to option. I'd say prepare to over-rule your wife (if you can).
I'm curious what the interior would look like for CT. Would glove compartment look like the same as other models or would it come with a separate button to open? Would there be a small storage on driver side as well? Would be very useful for a work truck to save receipts or work passes etc., on the driver side.

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Dude I can’t wait for mine .. tell your wife it’s bullet proof and that it’s your car and to get over it. You are excited enough to get on a forum for a truck that doesn’t exist. If I were you and my wife wasn’t on board I wouldn’t care cause it’s my truck
My wife didn’t initially like it. I was like, “I don’t care, you don’t have to drive it!” Now she’s excited for it, has already been talking about driving it to work occasionally since I have a work vehicle. Can’t wait for the truck! Excited and we still have at least a year before it comes to us.

samhsu

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
yellow taxi
Country flag
the thing I'm most excited about currently is when Tesla finally allows us to pick our options for the Cybertruck.

My wife hates how the Cybertruck looks, but when the options come out....I think she'll get a little more excited about things. I told her that she can help me choose the options and then maybe she'll change her mind about the whole thing.
Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]

Once she see it and drive it, all dislikes, doubts will be removed

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep, 2002 Porsche 911
Country flag
Dude I can’t wait for mine .. tell your wife it’s bullet proof and that it’s your car and to get over it. You are excited enough to get on a forum for a truck that doesn’t exist. If I were you and my wife wasn’t on board I wouldn’t care cause it’s my truck
Brave man, I'm betting the cost of a CT that your wife isn't on this forum! :) (I say that because I wouldn't dare post that if MY wife was on this forum!)
Sponsored