Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
GRADE AAA - Absolutely Astounding and Awesome!

Finally some great v iews of exactly what the finish of the stainless is. It's semi-polished, no big surprise. Looks like the underside is mostly plastic and partially stainless with the same finish.

Managed to get a shot inside the wheel wells, thought it would be a lot longer till that happened.

In the back. the gap between the bumper and the body is a lot wider and deeper than i thought it was. In the front it's what I thought.

WOW at how smooth the vault door looks. Thought there's be deeper lines between each section.

That view down the side at 0:40 says so much...
I could go on and on, have to stop somewhere.

Edward.E

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck (pending)
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Can anybody tell me the wheel-base length in meters please?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
It has, we're told, adjustable-height air suspension. As a former Citroen owner, would like to see a video of it going from full down to normal ride-height to full up.

jlenhart89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Would be great to see the following:
  • Measure it or take a picture with an object of known size from the side and front
  • See if a magnet sticks to it
  • Try to open the charge door to see what is under there

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I just returned home from seeing the CT in person. Wow!!! I am super happy that I placed a deposit the day after the reveal. I will post some pics towards the end but here are my 1st impressions;

-The size of the CT did not disappoint. It looks larger in person than photos/videos depict. Thank you Elon and Franz for NOT making it 3-5% smaller. The exterior size is spot on. Offer a 30% smaller version down the road for the test of the world and Americans who don’t want a full size truck.
-From a styling perspective the CT looks way better in person. I am now in love with the futuristic styling. I found the truck to be very attractive and really liked the planar design of the exterior SS surfaces. It’s looks like nothing else currently on the road. This vehicle will turns heads when it hits the streets In 2021.
-I tried looking in all 4 wheel wells for suspension hints but Tesla installed a black fabric wheel well liner to prevent you from seeing any hardware.
-The stainless steel looked better than I expected. Just the right amount of shine.
-Bed cover was closed:(
-The tires currently stick out beyond the fender flares and it looked a bit strange. I am sure the production version won’t appear this way.
-The windshield is HUGE and not 100% flat. My guess is that your pocketbook is going to be $1k lighter if you need to replace a cracked one. Maybe even higher if it’s Armor Glass.
-I liked the black rocker panel design. In photos it appeared to be just a bent piece of steel.
-I could not tell if the bumpers were made steel or urethane. Maybe another member stuck their hand beyond the rope and can share what they think it is.
-I understand its only a prototype but the panel alignment was very sloppy (see pics below). Tesla’s are not known for their fit and finish and I hope the production version will show attention to detail similar to an Audi vehicle. Their attention to detail on panel alignment, seat stitching, etc. is among the best in the business.
-The flat tailgate panel looks awkward. It reminds me of a boat. I think adding badges or a tail gate appliqué would help break up the all flat surface. It will be interesting to see what Tesla ends up doing on the production version.

In summary I am pumped to take delivery of my CT. It’s a truck people are going to want once they start seeing them on the street. Bring on the Cybertruck!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 02FFB888-72CF-44EB-BC49-EC6981952FE1
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 8059B7D0-270F-4501-A748-AFE51E265DE4
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 65840189-CBC9-4A22-9878-25BEDA58CDA4
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] AE477A3F-E019-4534-B8EB-7BE5A4B53AF8
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] E1AEBBC1-3508-42BA-8A89-AAA44AC7F4DA
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 514E9408-E948-4098-9C56-CD0490727C03
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 77C52391-56B5-49A1-9350-40AFCC6D023C
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] F2B62339-C3B0-4CF9-B71C-C053A303AB36

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 13ED4C6A-31A6-41CB-9014-38EE9D8E579C

Last edited:

Ciber eab

First Name
Eugenio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
La primera impresion me deja bastante desilucionado creo que devolveré mi opcion a compra....
Encuentros de plieges de chapa mal resueltos para una muestra.... que se espera para la producción?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Rough translation;

The first impression leaves me quite disappointed I think I will return my option to purchase .... Poorly resolved sheet metal folds for a sample ... what is expected for production?
Sponsored