Cybertruck Poll For Those Who Have Taken Delivery - Any Issues?

For anyone who has received a Cybertruck, what best describes your experience??

• Total voters

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
There's been a lot of threads where people have noted issues with their Cybertrucks. These have been things ranging from panel gaps to vehicles being inoperable (suspension, battery problems). I think the bad overshadows the good when we see the threads, so I'd like to see how many people have not had any issues. This obviously will be flawed, because some people without trucks may vote to troll, but I am curious about the results.

My VIN was assigned 4/28, but I'm still waiting for delivery so no vote from me yet.
Sponsored

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
We had significant rail dust but otherwise our delivery was fine. I havenā€™t really paid much attention to the panelā€¦maybe I should go look:)

we have had a couple issues that have popped up in the two months weā€™ve owned it - tonneau cover needs adjusted, then the passenger door button stopped working and the latest software glitched the cameras/gps and the software wouldnā€™t install. I put in a service ticket on Friday and Tesla must have remotely fixed the software situation by Monday. Oddly enough, the passenger door button started working as well.

It was all fixable so I consider these pretty minor inconveniences.

Frank_Castle

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation series AWD ordered
Country flag
I've had mine for almost two whole weeks. The rear compartment that opens in the vault area has a clip missing so one of the shocks pops off when opening it. Tesla let me know the part is in to fix that. Also noticed that the driver side rear mud flap is misaligned - waiting to hear back on this (but I added it just the other day).

After taking delivery I was having a hard time seeing out of the windshield the next day and finally realized it was vinyl fog. Got that cleaned and the windshield is good to go.

Other than this, no issues at all. No error codes, rail rust, vault and all doors work fine, panel alignment is flawless, has been through the car wash several times with zero issues. Drives and handles extremely well. It's gone through two updates in the almost two weeks with zero issues.

I've read some other people having major issues. Hasn't been my experience at all.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You should always have an option for those to opt out of the poll, because the poll keeps asking them to vote.

-Crissa

someccie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Beast
Occupation
Network Dude
Country flag
After taking delivery last Wednesday, I've had no real issues besides the occasional "rail dust."
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Poll For Those Who Have Taken Delivery - Any Issues? rail dust hood

However, as shown below, I do have some rubber exposed from my passenger side upper panel near the front. This isn't a big deal, and I will set up a service request a week after my trip.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Poll For Those Who Have Taken Delivery - Any Issues? rubber exposed

I'm also not sure if this windshield corner looks correct. From other trucks I've seen, it seems a little worse.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Poll For Those Who Have Taken Delivery - Any Issues? window corner passenger side

I'm taking a 1300-mile road trip next week, so I will update the thread if anything goes wrong along the way.

Cyberbeast w/VIN 74XX. Build date 4/19/24.

OP
OP

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
You should always have an option for those to opt out of the poll, because the poll keeps asking them to vote.

-Crissa
You can click view results when you haven't voted yet, let's you see the results without voting.

I'm somewhat torn by the results so far. Positively, there aren't many people with major issues casting a vote. Negatively, about half of the voters have had some sort of issue, so that number hopefully comes down as more trucks are produced.

webspeedracer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FS Cybertruck AWD, Rivian R1s MaxPack, 2016 MS75D
Country flag
You can click view results when you haven't voted yet, let's you see the results without voting.

I'm somewhat torn by the results so far. Positively, there aren't many people with major issues casting a vote. Negatively, about half of the voters have had some sort of issue, so that number hopefully comes down as more trucks are produced.
My CT has been nearly flawless but I felt like voting the first option wouldnā€™t be truthful, so my response is skewing your results. For any FUD-spreaders taking my ā€œlistā€ out of context, I copyright the following with The truth is there is almost nothing wrong with my truck and Iā€™m really enjoying it. My ā€œissuesā€ are barely worth mentioning but for full disclosure:
- frunk needs to be realigned a little more forward and upward so that the leading edges of the front quarter panels donā€™t protrude. I had a Mobile
guy check and he wants the SC to deal with it.
- Vault basement cover missing one rubber bumper
- Missing license plate bracket screws šŸ˜±
- driver side mirror vibrates excessively at freeway speeds

I have 3100 miles with mix of two long trips, snowy mountain driving conditions, around town trips. Love the truck. Maybe that should be the second choice on your survey: ā€œminor issues, LOVE the truckā€, and ā€œminor issues, disappointedā€. Iā€™d bet majority select the LOVE button.

For any FUD-spreaders eager to take my ā€œlistā€ out of context, I withhold permission for you to reprint my comments without also including ā€œhe loves his truckā€ šŸ¤Ø

rgs28ja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Foundation Series
Country flag
Love the truck so far, but it definitely has issues
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Poll For Those Who Have Taken Delivery - Any Issues? IMG_3878
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Poll For Those Who Have Taken Delivery - Any Issues? IMG_3897
- truck not prepped at all, for delivery. mud on the floor mats, metal drill shavings from the accelerator pedal fix, glass dirty, tires not dressed ( the CT parked next me, for delivery had theirs dressed ), leaves in the frunk and truck bed
- tonneau trim fell off day 1
- frunk not aligned

tbh, I am not surprised by the poll results. The SCs were pushing these out as quickly as possible. At one point, Charlotte SC had 50 on an adjacent lot. I am reserving overall judgement until I get my hands on FSD. FSD, 4 wheel steering, and being a 123kWh powerwall were the main reasons to plunk down the money for the Foundation Series vs waiting.

Cyber_Skerple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe we'd get the most accurate results with one more option? Ie along the lines of...been in SC? Some way to distinguish quick fix with longer?

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro Z28, '15 Viper GT, FS-CB
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
Just dropped mine off at Tysons (Northern VA) a few hours ago.

- steering wheel squeak/grind
- wiper blade (inconsistent coverage throughout a weeks' worth of rain
- drivers side plastic trim that runs along roofline not level with roof or body

I submitted service request on 5/7 and had the option for 5/9 or 5/10 drop-off. I chose today. It's currently scheduled for Tuesday completion. The tech that came out to validate the issues stated that there is literally one Master Tech doing the CT work.
Sponsored