Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche ray can 4s
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am a high level audiophile and have learned that the cybertruck with upgraded audio will come with two under seat subwoofers under the two front seats. As for total speaker count i am unsure. Anyone want to chime in ?
Sponsored

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Since Tesla doesnā€™t offer premium audio upgrades on its current lineup, I donā€™t see them doing it for the Cybertruck.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Partial Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio ā€“ immersive sound
Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio ā€“ 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound

I think there is an upgared option when you move to the premium interior. taken directly from: https://www.tesla.com/model3/design#battery

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That audio upgrade is going from the very basic model 3 to an upgrade to the car itself. There is no separate upgrade just for the audio system.

Currently all Teslaā€™s with the exception of the base model 3 come with their premium interiors. It used to be a separate upgrade.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Gotcha,

I dont own one but a buddy has a M3 performance and all I know is that sound system is ridiculous. I remember asking him if it was the upgraded audio system and he confirmed. Good info to know that almost all made now are "Premium audio with immersive sound."

I don't know about dual subs for the CT, but I'm sure it will be adequate for the majority of us.

I have a 2016 ram now. Upgraded all the speakers to JBL 6x9s and the highs to kickers and it made a world of difference.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Whatā€™s amazing is that when I first started considering getting a Tesla, it was the Model S. At the time the battery size was 85 and optioned the way I wanted it, it was over $100K, and the range was under 300 miles.

Now the same Model S, with a whole lot more is under $85K. FSD included, and it now goes close to 400 miles.

This was before autopilot and FSD, so if I remove FSD itā€™s under $80K. Thatā€™s amazing considering all of the updates theyā€™ve done to the car.

mattcatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-3, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Unfortunately for electrification take-up, it looks like the advantage to purchasers is in waiting - the cars and batteries are still improving as the science and build experience is ongoing. I think the CT is coming at the right time between early-adoption and mass-market.

Regarding premium audio, I enjoy a quality sound system - not for blasting but just loud enough that I don't hear anything from outside, and it's nice if that doesn't stress the system or distort the sound at all.

2Futre4u

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor LR 2019 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Trailboss 1994 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Country flag
Since Tesla doesnā€™t offer premium audio upgrades on its current lineup, I donā€™t see them doing it for the Cybertruck.
Currently higher trim model thee comes with higher level audio.

2Futre4u

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor LR 2019 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Trailboss 1994 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Country flag
Premium audio in the model 3 has 14 speakers a sub and 2 amps. It's the best system I have ever had.

Ducaudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Occupation
M & Mā€™s alphabetizer
Country flag
Who actually manufactures the stereo speakers? I have an amazing focal set up that Iā€™ll likely never get to put into another vehicle unless I get another Tundra but that wonā€™t happen.
I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever hear anything as good as the focal set up I have (required 1 amp for front panel speakers and another amp for the rear panel speakers. Lastly, 1 amp for subs). It was a rock concert that went on inside my vehicle cause I was tired of hearing everyone elseā€™s shyt.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Currently higher trim model thee comes with higher level audio.
It does, but you canā€˜t just upgrade the audio system.

Itā€™s possible the base cybertruck will not come with the upgraded audio, but I suspect like the model 3 youā€™ll have to opt for the duo or tri motor to get some premium features.

Don Landis

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dual motor all wheel drive
Occupation
Aluminum Specialty Building Contractor
Country flag
Partial Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio ā€“ immersive sound
Premium Interior Includes:
  • 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio ā€“ 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound

I think there is an upgared option when you move to the premium interior. taken directly from: https://www.tesla.com/model3/design#battery
Do you know if it has been indicated somewhere that the truck will have the same audio options as the model 3? Just curious...

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
No I don't think we know any details at this point. The OP stated that there are going to be dual subs under the seats, but i haven't seen anything to confirm that.

I was just providing a link to the current audio upgrade options that require a move to premium interior. No clue if CT will have anything like this when we finally get to choose options.
Sponsored