Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
I hope they let us pick up CT from the factory. Anybody else interested in doing this? I don't think Tesla has done this with other vehicles since the roadster.
Yes I want to pick mine up at factory
Sponsored

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Country flag
I hope they let us pick up CT from the factory. Anybody else interested in doing this? I don't think Tesla has done this with other vehicles since the roadster.
Regardless I will have drive to Tennessee or Atlanta I’d rather drive to Texas and take a road trip on the way back. Can’t take delivery in Alabama that is some stupid shit huh

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Regardless I will have drive to Tennessee or Atlanta I’d rather drive to Texas and take a road trip on the way back. Can’t take delivery in Alabama that is some stupid shit huh
Wow! you actually cant even take delivery in your state????? We can at least do that in Texas, just cant finance or do paperwork through tesla, like buying a used car from an individual.

Deleted member 859

I drove past the site Saturday afternoon, behind the cranes they have already erected some framework of a building.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck production gets closer as Gigafactory Texas shifts to 24/7 construction 56F524DC-3544-41CE-8118-8F6431E648B9

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Wow! you actually cant even take delivery in your state????? We can at least do that in Texas, just cant finance or do paperwork through tesla, like buying a used car from an individual.
If we can at least get a repair center I believe i
and after I get mine it will be difficult to get it worked on. Sooner or later we will get a repair center I hope

Ryv

First Name
Ryvyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T-Bird, Focus, Mountaineer, Civic
Occupation
Veteran, Anthropologist, Artist
Country flag
I had the fever bad recently and nearly financed an SR+ with intent to trade in for CT, feeling comfortable with time to save/offset value loss since my order is somewhere around 430K in line (I was in uni and missed the announcement, though placed order when heard about at start of this year)~

No sooner does the feeling of second guessing set in before this announcement, thus renewed hope that it will not be terribly long until taking delivery and a holiday to visit kith and kin, especially with $7K locked in FSD surely more polished by then.

It remains a yearn to Teslavangelize in meanwhile, though more crucial to be financially prepared in time for CT - also I would prefer a bus or flight to home state to take delivery, and am down for a convoy ;)

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
So in the videos that have been posted the casting machines are in what is believed to be the Model Y building. Has anyone head of how or if this will need to be addressed with the CT? (Was there a Sandy Munro video i missed?! ?)

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
My assumption all along is that they would allow for a Factory Pick-up similar to Fremont, CA. I live 25 minutes from the Fremont facility, but I would rather take a direct one-way from Oakland to Austin via Southwest Airlines, UBER 10 minutes to Giga Tesla Austin, hopefully get to see inside the building a bit (a tour of some sort) and then drive the CyberTruck off the lot. Then make the 1,747 mile trip back home to the Bay Area. Probably would turn it into some sort of 7 to 10 day vacation/road trip.

I couldn't think of a better way to get to know your Cybertruck than that.

BTW, this is my 1st post!!
I was thinking of riding down on my motorcycle, then renting a trailer or load it in the bed for the drive back.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sandy says they could, but there's no way to know, because no one has a Cybertruck to look at ^-^ I think his point is just that guessing Tesla at that level of detail is not possible.

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
So in the videos that have been posted the casting machines are in what is believed to be the Model Y building. Has anyone head of how or if this will need to be addressed with the CT? (Was there a Sandy Munro video i missed?! ?)
Austin will start making Model Y before Cybertruck.

Cybertruck might have the huge aluminum mega castings of front & rear under body ends like in Model Y. Also the exterior is 3mm SS but the interior might be a thinner non-cold rolled SS or many not SS at all but regular steel. These interior shell parts might be made by a sheet stamping press machine with dies.

see inside stuff in this picture

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck production gets closer as Gigafactory Texas shifts to 24/7 construction tesla-cybertruck_100725709_l-body-white

Last edited:

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
If they do isogrid maching to the panels then the stir welding - would be super strong exoskeleton structure.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck production gets closer as Gigafactory Texas shifts to 24/7 construction Isogrid

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Austin will start making Model Y before Cybertruck.

Cybertruck might have the huge aluminum mega castings of front & rear under body ends like in Model Y. Also the exterior is 3mm SS but the interior might be a thinner non-cold rolled SS or many not SS at all but regular steel. These interior shell parts might be made by a sheet stamping press machine with dies.
I would have suspected that if they were using castings, then we would have seen some large footing poured in the "Cybertruck side" of the complex. Granted, none of us have any idea of the layout of these buildings and for all we know, they could be making the casting side by side in the same building. I guess my point is, for what is being coined as the Cybertruck half of the Gigafactory, we dont see any excavations besides the footers.

My opinion is that the lines for both vehicles may not each live in their own building and that they may be more comingled than we are collectively thinking. On the production floor below me here at work, we do make parts in other areas of the factory and then assemble on the line

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I drove past the site Saturday afternoon, behind the cranes they have already erected some framework of a building.
56F524DC-3544-41CE-8118-8F6431E648B9.jpeg
From a flaccid plot of a land to erected structures.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ryv