Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Does figure 8b show a side mirror?
yes it does, but it appears to be painted and with rounded corners. I assume this is just a screen grab from another existing Tesla Model.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Does figure 8b show a side mirror?
The side mirror in the camera image appears to look exactly like a model S side mirror. I'm assuming the image is from a drive in another Tesla vehicle since they aren't going to put model S side mirrors on a vehicle that looks nothing like any other vehicle on the market.

I'm still a little worried about side mirrors since we haven't heard anything. The laws in the two provinces of Canada that I live in don't actually specifically mention requiring 3 mirrors (2 side mirrors and 1 rear view) and in one of these provinces it only requires 1 mirror.

So right now the Cybertruck still doesn't comply with even those laws since it doesn't have any actual mirrors, just cameras replacing all 3. However there are a few companies that have also done this in places like europe and there are more companies that are looking into the possibility. There are even aftermarket products that you can install cameras for better visibility.

Further, the NHTSA already conducted a study years ago with I believe audi to look at the different visibility between mirrors and cameras, that study pretty clearly showed a massive win for cameras and that wasn't nearly as many cameras as a Tesla. One thing that wasn't shown was visibility in the rain but you can find numerous examples on youtube including a video specifically looking at camera visibility in a rainstorm. The cameras show a clear image behind the vehicle in the rain, not something I often get with side view mirrors.

The only argument I can think of against cameras would be if the camera was obstructed with something like mud or damaged to a extent that it's unusable. I don't see this being a reason to prevent Tesla from switching completely to Cameras since the same problems can still happen with mirrors where I would either need to wipe off the mirror/camera or replace the mirror/camera.

My hope is if they are required to put side mirrors on, that it is in a way that is completely removeable.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No sightings of Cybertruck test mules doing tests. Isn't that strange?

There is drone footage of the Semi racing around a test track in Fremont.

But no Cybertruck.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This is has June 2nd date. We are in the last month on Q2. Does anyone see anything different between this and the reveal CT? ‘Anyone thinks the may be the update?

The wheels are the same.
I can’t tell if the size is any different.
Surface material/color looks a bit different. ATV surface look the same in other photos but not in this video. Here is an older photo:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610 mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments, 20" suspension travel 1622722230903

Last edited:

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
This is has June 2nd date. We are in the last month on Q2. Does anyone see anything different between this and the reveal CT? ‘Anyone thinks the may be the update?

I was not at the reveal, but from all the pictures and coverage I've seen I am under the impression there were two CT's at the reveal. One functioning prototype. And one nonfunctional model. I even suspect the model was made from clay.

I think the CT in this video is the nonfunctional model.

From Reveal. Suspected nonfunctional model:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610 mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments, 20" suspension travel 1622728977573

From Reveal suspected functional prototype:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610 mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments, 20" suspension travel 1622729073305

To me, they look like two different finishes made of two different materials. But I was not there, it could be the same CT but with different lighting or something.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
To me, they look like two different finishes made of two different materials. But I was not there, it could be the same CT but with different lighting or something.
Something i've noticed about the Cybertruck and I've seen other people comment on it as well, is that it kind of looks like CGI in reality. I think it looks most like CGI under a lot of light, like when it was on display both times and especially in this photo from the video with Jay Leno.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610 mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments, 20" suspension travel 1622729621424

The most realistic photo of the Cybertruck was when Elon took it to the factory and it was covered in a thin layer of dirt. Some photos of the Cybertruck look so different compared to others so it's really hard to tell.

It's be funny when people start taking pictures of their Cybertruck when it's delivered and everyone accuses them of photoshopping it in.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI patent hints at 610 mile range, eye tracking mirror adjustments, 20" suspension travel tesla-cybertruck-closed-bed-storage-e1574444601543

In this pic and the one from the tweet on June 2 the fender flares are stainless steel or same color anyway.

Here the fender flares are black like many other pics of CT

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
These are the same truck under different lighting on the same stage.

The fender flares on the Cybertruck are black and probably plastic.

-Crissa

Lighting can certainly have a massive effect, but the top photo just looks like such a matte finish, it's almost hard to believe they are the same prototype... maybe they are though, honestly who knows

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Lighting can certainly have a massive effect, but the top photo just looks like such a matte finish, it's almost hard to believe they are the same prototype... maybe they are though, honestly who knows
Notice that the door is slightly brighter? That's from when it got jostled by the sledge.

-Crissa

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Notice that the door is slightly brighter? That's from when it got jostled by the sledge.

-Crissa
Possibly. That would mean the door was hit, the windows were broken, the windows were replaced and then the vehicle was brought back up on the same stage, either before it was brought outside to give rides, or after. If after it was driven outside either the tires never got dirty from riding outside, or they had been cleaned.

Less likey, the picture was taken between the hitting of the door and the glass breaking. Or, they repaired the glass onstage.

I do not know if my theory is correct. I haven’t seen evidence to disprove it. But I concede I have no evidence to prove it either. Just a thought.

Oaktree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Forester XT
Country flag
If up to 600 range, it will be hard not upgrading from 2 engine to 3. The extra weight and range goes to waste with my needs but... maybe enough justification to upgrade. 2.9 seconds is not the real reason.
I couldn't agree more. If the Truck was confirmed at 610 mile range, it's just too good to pass up upgrading to the Tri-motor. I'm on hold for a Dual motor now and as soon as I see true confirmation, it's going to be a "shut up and take my money" situation.
Sponsored