Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 AWD CT, 23 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Country flag
It’s just sitting in my driveway locked and unresponsive. Doesn’t read the phone key and it doesn’t read the key card. Can’t unlock, can’t open tailgate, can’t do anything. I deleted the app and redownloaded and I can’t sync the phone key to the truck anymore either. I am unable to even ask a question in the tesla app and it keeps saying “problem occurred try again later”

Any advice?

UPDATE: I jumped started the truck. It is showing the slightest sign of life, door light is lit, nothing else. After waiting a few minutes like the manual states, it is still completely unresponsive though.

UPDATE #2: Truck was towed to service center on Friday 5/24. It doesn’t appear anyone looked at it over the weekend (it was a holiday so it was expected). Today, I was informed that the super manifold needs to be replaced and my truck will be ready for pickup on Friday 5/31.

UPDATE #3: I head to the SC at 5pm today as that was the scheduled pickup time. I had conversed via messaging in the app this morning about coming early at 4:30 but couldnt make it. I called ahead when I was halfway there to tell them my eta is 5pm and to kindly wait just a minute on my arrival as I need my physical card key in their possession because my phone is not synced. (Didn’t have time to stop home and get my spare card key).

The service manager on the phone acted shocked I was on my way. Informed me the vehicle is not ready. Had no information why my truck was not ready and told me to come back Monday at 5pm.

I then asked if he had a model x available as a loaner. (I had spoke with them on tuesday of this week and informed them I will need a loaner if the repair goes past Friday and I need a vehicle that can accommodate 3 car seats, the model Y, 3, & S cannot accommodate and I would need an X. I was told that would be no issue whatsoever) Of course, I was offered a model 3 and there were no model x’s available and there was no shot at one ever being available.

To their credit. The SC offered to reimburse me if I rented a vehicle from a third party. Still pretty disappointed overall. I have no idea if my truck will actually be ready Monday as I dont know if more problems have surfaced, the repair didn’t remedy the issues, or really why the truck wasn‘t ready today .
Sponsored

Last edited:

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
When you try to open it does the screen inside turn on? Maybe the low voltage battery died? Page 224 of the manual shows to jump start it if that's the case.

OP
OP

JPfromTCE

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 AWD CT, 23 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Country flag
When you try to open it does the screen inside turn on? Maybe the low voltage battery died? Page 224 of the manual shows to jump start it if that's the case.
Nope. Nothing at all. Side mirrors are still out too. I had put something in the tailgate. Went in my backyard for a few minutes to grab something else to put in the tailgate and it wouldn’t open. That’s when I opened the app to try it there and thats when it started

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
Nope. Nothing at all. Side mirrors are still out too. I had put something in the tailgate. Went in my backyard for a few minutes to grab something else to put in the tailgate and it wouldn’t open. That’s when I opened the app to try it there and thats when it started
I'm assuming the battery wasn't nearly dead right? I got a software update yesterday, have you had one in the last couple days? It could have thought it wasn't being used and started the update though usually it will prompt you to schedule the update. If it's still unresponsive after an hour you should try jump starting it

OP
OP

JPfromTCE

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 AWD CT, 23 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Country flag
I'm assuming the battery wasn't nearly dead right? I got a software update yesterday, have you had one in the last couple days? It could have thought it wasn't being used and started the update though usually it will prompt you to schedule the update. If it's still unresponsive after an hour you should try jump starting it
Over 50% battery. A little over 2 hours now since it happened. Fingers crossed it’s an update and everything will be fine in the morning.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Uo
Over 50% battery. A little over 2 hours now since it happened. Fingers crossed it’s an update and everything will be fine in the morning.
[/QUOTE

14.7 only took 30 min to update

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Seems like the same issue some others have had. The low voltage battery dies due to one of the other parts in the truck going bad like the harness. You have to pop the frunk manually and jump start it with a battery pack. The instructions are in the manual.

OP
OP

JPfromTCE

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 AWD CT, 23 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Country flag
Seems like the same issue some others have had. The low voltage battery dies due to one of the other parts in the truck going bad like the harness. You have to pop the frunk manually and jump start it with a battery pack. The instructions are in the manual.
Woke up this morning and the issue is still there. My jump starter is dead of course. Will update when it’s charged and I’ve got it jumped. Fingers crossed I’m not greeted with any error codes once she’s up and running

CT425

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good Luck in getting it fixed. Please let us know what happened.

OP
OP

JPfromTCE

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 AWD CT, 23 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Country flag
Update: Truck was towed to service center on Friday 5/24. It doesn’t appear anyone looked at it over the weekend (it was a holiday so it was expected). Today, I was informed that the super manifold needs to be replaced and my truck will be ready for pickup on Friday 5/31.
Sponsored