BMW M3, BMW X5d, Ford F-150 Lariat
Country flag

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
I wonder if they will change the design from the H2 that much. My geuss is it will just have slightly cooler headlights and Taillights but really just be an electrified H2. What do you guys think?

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
I think you are correct basically an updated H2 electric. We will see in 3 days

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I think this will end up being one of the cooler EV's to be released. I have a feeling its gonna cost way too much though.
I have a buddy that wants the New Bronco. The higher end versions for 4 door start at $51k and then you have to upgrade to get 360 cameras, electric seat adjust, decent speaker system, leather seats, adaptive cruise, ventilated seats and wireless charging. That's a lot of upgrades...probably easily up to $60k to $70k byt the time you are done upgrading.
He hates the look of the cybertruck and is very suspect of EVs. I told him the dual motor version will come with all of that above and more for $50k. Opt in for the FSD and you are still below the comparable Bronco.
Then I looked to see what Rivian and the Hummer would cost. Rivian gonna be starting at $69k...to get a decent battery and trim level, it's going to be hitting $80k quickly. The Hummer doesn't even have anything about price listed. We will have to wait until this Fall for the unveil, but I bet it is similarly hitting $80k quickly for a well optioned vehicle.
The Cybertruck is a bargain compared to these vehicles and the capability is right on par with them, if not better for everything except traditional looks and interior styling. As long as Tesla hits expectations on specs and doesn't screw up the build quality, the Cybertruck is either going to dominate or force these other guys to drop their prices.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Not sure the CyberTruck will have cooled seats. They only offered that for a very short time then stopped offering it as an option.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Not sure the CyberTruck will have cooled seats. They only offered that for a very short time then stopped offering it as an option.
OK. Well then if they don't offer cooled seats I guess I'll be using the option where you don't let the interior get past a certain temperature. Cooled seats is a must IMO if the vehicle sits out in the sun and you want it to cool down quick enough to be tolerable in states as warm as Texas. Having the climate control mitigate that while the vehicle is unoccupied might be a decent alternative.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Maybe that is part of the octo-valve that Sandy Mu Ron is raving about as engineering genius.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Further to the mention of the Hummer EV having "Crab Mode" a new logo was just released to reaffirm
Crab Mode.

And the suggestion is that the Hummer will have rear wheel steering to a degree.
Which along with what's been determined as approx. 3600 Nm (15,600 Nm vs approx 12,000 Nm)
more torque than the Tri Motor Cybertruck.
(which means it will be brilliant at rock crawling, especially with a better break over angle )

And although I never thought I'd say this, personally the smaller size of the Hummer is ideal ;)
at approx. 2ft shorter than the Cybertruck.
Which means its likely to weigh less and have a good range as well.

I'm really looking forward to Tesla releasing more details, especially about the 2nd smaller version Cybertruck made for the world market and sold in the U.S. in addition to the 231.7 inch one that has captured everyone imagination.

That Cybertruck shape is still brilliant. The Hummer silhouette is far less so.
I wonder when its finally revealed by November will it be more or less attractive !

Last edited: