Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Updated with podcast.
(skip to last couple of minutes for Tesla and Cybertruck related talk):

I haven't seen this little news nugget on here yet so I wanted to share with the rest of the Forum. It seems Elon Musk will be going for round 2 on Joe Rogan's Podcast. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, the last time Elon was on the show, he ended up getting investigated by the SEC for smoking pot. Other than that, Joe's interviews tend to go longer than most and Elon is known to toss out new information throughout the interview. We may be able to get more insight on the new factory, batteries, range, plaid, and all that other fun stuff. For those who miss the interview, this would be a great place to put a transcript of the interview after the fact as well as your thoughts about it.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I will definitely be listening to this.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
I didn't think they were posting it until tomorrow evening. I can't access podcasts or YouTube from work. I'll check this out later. Thanks for posting it.
(y) Not that much mention of the Cybertruck in the podcast - just some talk about the windows breaking during the reveal and that the Cybertruck will arrive before the Roadster (which has been delayed a "number of months" due to the pandemic).

There was actually no Tesla related mentioned until just the last few minutes of the podcast, but here's what he said:

"The Roadster is kinda like dessert."
"So, we got to get the meat and potatoes and greens and stuff."
"I mean, I think we should do Cybertruck first." (when asked if the Roadster would come before the Cybertruck)

He also mentioned that the Roadster will require a more advanced battery pack and that the Model S' Plaid powertrain was one of the essential ingredients for the Roadster, so its development completion would need to come first.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
(y) Not that much mention of the Cybertruck in the podcast - just some talk about the windows breaking during the reveal and that the Cybertruck will arrive before the Roadster (which has been delayed a "number of months" due to the pandemic).

There was actually no Tesla related mentioned until just the last few minutes of the podcast, but here's what he said:

"I mean, I think we should do Cybertruck first." (when asked if the Roadster would come before the Cybertruck)

He also mentioned that the Roadster will require a more advanced battery pack and that the Model S' Plaid powertrain was one of the essential ingredients for the Roadster, so its development completion would need to come first.
Right on. He also said that the 0-60 @ 1.9 seconds of the Roadster was for the base model and that the top tier would be "faster than that". But, he didn't want to do any unveilings during this show that the unveilings would be done properly.

That was it. No hints about batteries other than the new advanced battery pack for the Roadster.

Now, if you read what the Admin said in his post and what I put here, we've saved more than an hour of listening to rambling. Spend that time with your loved ones.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I really like the way Joe Rogan does interviews. It's like he tries to make it like 2 people hanging out, shooting the shit about whatever comes to mind. He mentions something or asks a question, then sits back and lets them do the talking, or steer the conversation from there. After saying that, this did feel a lot like rambling on. Of course it doesn't help that WE may have been hoping for the conversation to be about things We're more interested in. Still I did enjoy being a fly on the wall for this conversation.

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I really like the way Joe Rogan does interviews. It's like he tries to make it like 2 people hanging out, shooting the shit about whatever comes to mind. He mentions something or asks a question, then sits back and lets them do the talking, or steer the conversation from there. After saying that, this did feel a lot like rambling on. Of course it doesn't help that WE may have been hoping for the conversation to be about things We're more interested in. Still I did enjoy being a fly on the wall for this conversation.
Hey, I flew into Oxnard for a class there at the Sub base. Smallest airport I've ever flown through. Nice place, though.

xtreembob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

It was a great interview!