firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Arrested for looking for help?
Yeah, people have been arrested by police or wanna-be police for just looking.
And people who were really innocently looking.
Among the murdered:
Several years ago was a visiting student from Japan. Others were just lost and looking for directions. A few were injured auto accident victims looking for help.

> Most RV parks are closed in winter in the states with snow.
That just means there's no one to ask. The power is very likely still on.
The place is closed. No one is there.
Why would you add "The power is very likely still on".
What is the point of saying that if you are NOT implying using the power without getting permission from the owner?

If it says closed or looks closed I would not step one foot past the main entrance area.

Not unless you're black. Or indian.
Or Mexican

So I guess all minorities or visitors to U.S. don't count. We should stay away.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I suppose, yes, there are people who will murder you for knocking on their door.

They are A) criminal and B) super rare. You're more likely to be hit by lightning.

-Crissa

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Nothing is ever enough for some folks
I drove nearly 2,500 miles in 2 1/2 once. While I hope to never do THAT again, a 1,000 mile range would make that feasible without lots of 1/2 hour stops at superchargers to get back to 50%, just overnight stops to get to 100%. Even that would be problematic, because wherever I can't keep my eyes open anymore is probably a rest stop in the middle of nowhere.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I drove nearly 2,500 miles in 2 1/2 once. While I hope to never do THAT again, a 1,000 mile range would make that feasible without lots of 1/2 hour stops at superchargers to get back to 50%, just overnight stops to get to 100%. Even that would be problematic, because wherever I can't keep my eyes open anymore is probably a rest stop in the middle of nowhere.
Once FSD is here (and trustworthy) you can sleep between charges.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Once FSD is here (and trustworthy) you can sleep between charges.
Then with FSD need more range. With the humans asleep can no longer use the needs of human as excuse for stop at 250-300 miles. So now need 500 mile range between charge.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I drove from San Diego to Indianapolis with only two stops, both in Texas for short naps. I will never do that again. It has been over 25 years since then and the longest I have gone without stopping is 12 hours and I do not even do that anymore either.

ericpdb2

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Prius
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tesla's new steering wheel

1604433780032.png
Why a steering wheel? Why not a joystick. Also gets rid of the gear selector clutter. Even better, what about a neural interface? I would sign up for the implant. Pickup folks are SO retro!

ericpdb2

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Prius
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I find your thoughts here to be incredibly offensive.

I totally get that most people will be buying a CT that will be used to tinker around town. That will use only like 25% of the capabilities of the CT.

But the people who are asking for more range are reporting that they want to use the CT for exactly the 2 big situations it is being marketed to. Out of all the use cases, the biggest WOW factors are for 14k lbs towing and the Baja 1000 off-roading capability. The people who are nervous about range are saying they want to go to remote locations or tow larger trailers.

By saying the CT is not for them (possibly EVER) you are essentially calling EM an Tesla bald face liars.

Far be it from us lowly buyers to want to actually use the CT for what it’s full capabilities are. Sure, there may be difficulties at first. Let’s talk through temporary work-arounds. But let’s keep the rabid condescension out of it.

I am a 'lowly buyer' I am buying my 3motor CT not for the towing (it has been years since I have towed anything) or for the bed capacity (I do not recall buying 3500 lbs of groceries).
To me the big draws are THE LOOK: The most radical look in town. THE 0-60 (smoke clueless teens in Camaros).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I just want to be able to carry lengths of ten and twenty foot pipes and get bricks without having to worry about overloading my car.

And go to Burning Man.

That's it. No trailers for me (I think), I might hit the load limit once a year or so. And I'll hit the range limit on the single, well, not very often, either.

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Why a steering wheel? Why not a joystick. Also gets rid of the gear selector clutter. Even better, what about a neural interface? I would sign up for the implant. Pickup folks are SO retro!
Sandy Munro recommend joystick too.

Steer by wire
Center mounted joystick so no changes for different countries
or movable (left side, center, right side)

Might also help drivers with challenges and special access devices.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Steer by wire

Ok, found one of Sandy's videos about steering wheels vs joy stick.

But I think there might be second video because I thought he mentioned a huge crash safety benefit. Steering wheels & columns is one of the big problems in trying to make cars safer in front crashes.

[Audio Fixed] Tips for Tesla E1 - Steering and Weight Reduction
Munro Live
Jul 8, 2020

ericpdb2

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Prius
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Steer by wire

Another idea: Why the focus on 3 motors, 600 mile range, 0-60 in 2.9?
For another 10-20k$ give me 4 motors, 800 miles, 2.3 seconds. And add a prop if the beast really floats. A titanium instead of stainless option to increase range and improve 0-60? This will be the last vehicle in my life. I have no heirs. Too much is not enough.

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Another idea: Why the focus on 3 motors, 600 mile range, 0-60 in 2.9?
For another 10-20k$ give me 4 motors, 800 miles, 2.3 seconds. And add a prop if the beast really floats. A titanium instead of stainless option to increase range and improve 0-60? This will be the last vehicle in my life. I have no heirs. Too much is not enough.
How about an all wheel drive CT with 1000+ mile range, 0-60 in 10 seconds, top speed of 90mph with just autopilot and FSD for $29K?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I just want to be able to carry lengths of ten and twenty foot pipes and get bricks without having to worry about overloading my car.

And go to Burning Man.

That's it. No trailers for me (I think), I might hit the load limit once a year or so. And I'll hit the range limit on the single, well, not very often, either.

-Crissa
Have u checked to see where the closest super charger is to burning man? I have yet to go but would love to in the CT.
Sponsored