CyberTruck wiper Blade suggested design

QuanTim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The reality is that if Tesla could've hidden the wiper blade, without compromising the frunk, I'm sure they would've.

Can you imagine the complex mechanisms needed to pop the from up from the back (i.e. the line between the glass and the metal front part) to reveal the wiper blade AND also have the ability to pop the frunk open from the front for your general needs? Two opening and closing mechanisms from front and back and hiding a massive wiper to boot? I imagine they would've had to forgo the frunk completely to pull that off and that's not a compromise I'm sure anyone would accept.

So I think everyone who keeps going on about it just needs to forget about it and move on, seriously. What they on the prototype is completely fine and acceptable.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Can you imagine the complex mechanisms
I agree with everything you said, but just want to point out Tesla is who made the falcon wing doors on the Model X. So they are no stranger to complex mechanisms.

Hawkskier

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Here's a wiper blade system that provides concealment and usage.

Then having a big wiper blade on the windshield as seen on the recently leaked images of the Cybertruck.

What are your thoughts?

The glass will be super hard and smooth. Just like applying rain-X weekly. So it's just like the mirrors. Make it easily removable. Only need it for snow and mud.

baberdk

First Name
Dennis Baber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt
Occupation
Reretired
Country flag
Here's a wiper blade system that provides concealment and usage.

Then having a big wiper blade on the windshield as seen on the recently leaked images of the Cybertruck.

What are your thoughts?

I'm going to try RainX and if it works I will put mine under the seat.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
They need to just bite the bullet and make a custom wiper that doesn't use an industry standard replacement. So what, every three years you need to spend $100 and replace it. They should make a 1 1/4" wide black steel or black stainless 1/4" thick chuck of bar steel the length of the window and put custom engineered rubber wiper under it. Or even use stainless tube painted black similar to the image below but laying so the wide part of the tube was in plain with the windshield. That way it is flat/low profile, black to match the window spandrel glass. They can definitely pick a steel shape the will give it the rigidity it needs to stay on the window and the strength to take a large amount of torque . They could angle it so it stayed down in the wind. So great, it added 10 lbs to the truck, but at least the wiper matches the sleek clean lines of the truck. I am imagining that the plate would follow the same angle at the bottom to the servo pivot point. So it would aim toward the pillar then turn and go straight up and be parallel with the pillar like the current design but much lower and sleeker of a profile. If the plate didn't maintain even pressure on the glass they could engineer some slight bend to it so that it does. Honestly its disheartening that a company making reusable rockets, satellites and the worlds fastest production cars is struggling on a windshield wiper. Really? If they don't make it we need to get together the funds to aftermarket a more fashionable wiper.
Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck wiper Blade suggested design 1643226407921

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
The reality is that if Tesla could've hidden the wiper blade, without compromising the frunk, I'm sure they would've.

Can you imagine the complex mechanisms needed to pop the from up from the back (i.e. the line between the glass and the metal front part) to reveal the wiper blade AND also have the ability to pop the frunk open from the front for your general needs? Two opening and closing mechanisms from front and back and hiding a massive wiper to boot? I imagine they would've had to forgo the frunk completely to pull that off and that's not a compromise I'm sure anyone would accept.

So I think everyone who keeps going on about it just needs to forget about it and move on, seriously. What they on the prototype is completely fine and acceptable.
Honestly what I'm picturing does not seem that hard at all. It's also just a narrow spot that requires the wiper, so the frunk could certainly remain. A hardtop convertible is 10x harder and even GM can pull those off :p And honestly they are going to make it work on the roadster anyway, so they should just get it done now and make the Cybertruck that much better.
Sponsored