Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

Cputek2k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor
Country flag
Continuous climate control. Keep the cab at a user determined temp. when the vehicle is not in operation. This will keep it from getting too hot/cold during the day while the vehicle is parked for hours at a time.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Not that extensive but there have been dozens of cases where Elon has responded to tweeted suggestions with a brief "Good idea, we'll do it" or "Sure, sounds good" or something like that.

Now here's my suggestion: with the recent software releases the cars. knowing that one is in Canada, read speed limit signs and translate them to mph for display on the driver's screen. The actual speed displayed stays in mph though. I'd love it if, when crossing the border, the driver's display switched automatically to the appropriate units for the country but continued to display the other units adjacent and in a smaller font. This is essentially giving us what we used to have years ago with the old needle type speedometers on which both mph and kmph indices were shown.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
"On behalf of my colleagues at Tesla, I want to thank you for your suggestions you that are sure to improve the way we do things. I will raise them at our next executive meeting, and feel confident that they will be adopted. After all, we listen to the public, and are always grateful to be shown how to be better at what we do."

Really? Throughout the decade-long history of Tesla's designing, manufacturing, selling, and servicing a million vehicles, has anyone received a communication such as the above? If not, all the suggestions posted on this site are wishful thinking, not input that anyone at Tesla would care about. They do things their way.
The thread title is "wishlist". It is intended to allow someone's great idea to become a public want.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Continuous climate control. Keep the cab at a user determined temp. when the vehicle is not in operation. This will keep it from getting too hot/cold during the day while the vehicle is parked for hours at a time.
We've already got that. In "Dog Mode" the cabin temperature is maintained and a message to busy bodies is displayed on the screen. Or, when leaving the car, you have the option to leave the A/C on without the display. Beyond that there is an option that turns HVAC off when you exit the car but should the cabin heat to above a temperature you select kicks the AC back on. Or you can set cabin temperature from anywhere using the app (provided phone and car both have net access). In any of these modes, HVAC is shut down if battery drops below 20%. All these features are very handy and I would be quite surprised if the CT did not have them.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That's already a thing on all current Tesla models. It seems likely they'll also have it on the Cybertruck.

scooterjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla X90D, 2017 Kia Soul EV plus, 2010 Honda NT700V
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Would like the tailgate to stop at any raised position. Example, carrying motorcycles where the overall length is longer than the bed, but shorter than the end of the tailgate when opened. Adjusting tailgate will butt up against the rear wheel as a stop.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Would like the tailgate to stop at any raised position. Example, carrying motorcycles where the overall length is longer than the bed, but shorter than the end of the tailgate when opened. Adjusting tailgate will butt up against the rear wheel as a stop.
This is where a winch would come in handy

JMF

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F-350 TritanV10 4X4 Lariat Super Duty Longbox, 2019 Dodge Eco diesel
Occupation
Concrete Finisher
Country flag
I want my PLAID model CyberTruck to be a Quad Motor, LongBox, Dually with full Baja 24” air suspension with 1400 km range !!! Cold Air Thrusters would be nice for when you’re jumping moguls.

I mean this is a WISHLIST right ?? Lol

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Not that extensive but there have been dozens of cases where Elon has responded to tweeted suggestions with a brief "Good idea, we'll do it" or "Sure, sounds good" or something like that.

Now here's my suggestion: with the recent software releases the cars. knowing that one is in Canada, read speed limit signs and translate them to mph for display on the driver's screen. The actual speed displayed stays in mph though. I'd love it if, when crossing the border, the driver's display switched automatically to the appropriate units for the country but continued to display the other units adjacent and in a smaller font. This is essentially giving us what we used to have years ago with the old needle type speedometers on which both mph and kmph indices were shown.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
"... dozens of cases where Elon has responded to tweeted suggestions with a brief "Good idea, we'll do it" or "Sure, sounds good" or something like that."

Elon himself? Maybe, but I suspect there are no keyboards with his fingerprints on them, and people are hearing from his staffers.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
yea, probably the same with The Donald.

jperkey

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After getting in my current vehicle this morning and seeing cat paw prints on the windshield I was thinking that if the glass could be grounded (electrically) and the SS body charged, then when a cat steps onto my CT and makes his way up to the top of the truck, the moment one paw touches the windshield, problem solved. Probably could be adapted/integrated into Sentry mode. for people standing on the ground and touching the CT.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
After getting in my current vehicle this morning and seeing cat paw prints on the windshield I was thinking that if the glass could be grounded (electrically) and the SS body charged, then when a cat steps onto my CT and makes his way up to the top of the truck, the moment one paw touches the windshield, problem solved. Probably could be adapted/integrated into Sentry mode. for people standing on the ground and touching the CT.
If nothing else, that does give a whole new meaning to "current vehicle."

JMF

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Concrete Finisher
Country flag
How about a steering wheel that stows away. Then you could effectively use the big dash as your mobile office. Oh, and a flip down keyboard and mouse (it IS a Cybertruck after all...).
I would LOVE a retractable steering wheel/column ... and an adjustable laptop tray that pulls out in its place !!!

JMF

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Concrete Finisher
Country flag
I want to collect video of people getting zapped by my security system !!! Lol
Sponsored