Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord, 2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ive read some theories on how Tesla will schedule Cybertruck deliveries but I don’t think I’ve came across anything concrete. How is this going to work? I ready somewhere here that if you’re in close proximity to the factory they may prioritize your truck and I live in oklahoma so I’m pretty close to austin. Anyone have any insight?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ive read some theories on how Tesla will schedule Cybertruck deliveries but I don’t think I’ve came across anything concrete. How is this going to work? I ready somewhere here that if you’re in close proximity to the factory they may prioritize your truck and I live in oklahoma so I’m pretty close to austin. Anyone have any insight?
They might do similar to what they do in China now. Vehicles built early in the quarter are shipped out to where it'll take time to get to their destination, then at the end of the quarter they do the local deliveries.

Previously, the factory was in California which was also their biggest market so it's hard to say what will happen in Texas.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There is nothing concrete because Tesla has said and done nothing to give information.

We only have past actions to indicate anything. There will probably be little regional queuing this time aside from 'what will fit on a truck'. That's how they did Model Y.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Actually the China thing is unlikely, it's only about 2-3 days travel to anywhere in the US from Texas.

I am kind of wondering if they are going to ship via truck or rail. There is no rail line near the campus, but maybe they could use intermodal? I know Tesla semi is in their future, but that's likely not for early CT deliveries.

Sandybayes1

First Name
Sandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Depending how many CT's fit on a carrier truck I think they will try to coordinate deliveries so they aren't running hither and yawn based on where you're at in line. Sort of a first in first out kind of scenario.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Depending how many CT's fit on a carrier truck I think they will try to coordinate deliveries so they aren't running hither and yawn based on where you're at in line. Sort of a first in first out kind of scenario.
Yes. Reservation 2,001 for LA pulls reservation number 194k and change(don’t remember exact number and not looking up for this post) forward in line to ship together.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They are going to be producing 100-1000 per day. Most likely there are going out by train or a lot of trucks.

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery formula iu
Sponsored