Delivery address for fastest delivery

Big Easy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3, 2022 Bronco, 2008 Tundra
Country flag
Ok, I live in Louisiana, a no direct sales state, but not very far from Giga Austin. I have had a Rivian on order for over 4 years and because of living in Louisiana they still won't give me a delivery date. I do own a property in Texas and am considering changing my tesla profile address to Texas. I own a model 3 that was delivered to me in Louisiana so I don't know if it will make a difference. What do you guys and gals think?
Sponsored

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Ok, I live in Louisiana, a no direct sales state, but not very far from Giga Austin. I have had a Rivian on order for over 4 years and because of living in Louisiana they still won't give me a delivery date. I do own a property in Texas and am considering changing my tesla profile address to Texas. I own a model 3 that was delivered to me in Louisiana so I don't know if it will make a difference. What do you guys and gals think?
i would call the tesla number and ask them.. but i BELIEVE you can order a car.. take delivery just across the border in texas and drive it home...

Louisiana trying to stop this would be preventing interstate commerce and that is flat out against the constitution

so in short you shouldn't have to change your address just pick a delivery location not in your state.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I'm in Arkansas and thought Louisiana would have a leg up on Texas and Arkansas for early delivery as soon as Tesla won their lawsuit against Louisiana's unconstitutional law against direct cars sales. Courts disagreed. Now Arkansas is behind only Oklahoma in the line for the first CyberTrucks.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Fastest CT delivery location: Los Angeles, California

Where are you in line for the Rivian? Within the last few months, I have seen an increase of Rivian trucks and SUVs in the wild. I work in an affluent city which skews the result.
Sponsored