starcyber

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So i've received my VIN last week for delivery in CA.

Couple questions that I hope this group will be able to answer
  1. In the app I cannot schedule a delivery appointment - will this be available once the CT is at the dealer or when it's in transit? Can I check somewhere the status of it?
  2. I don't own any EV right now - does Tesla give me the universal charger on the day I pick it up?
Sponsored

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
1. Tesla will notify you when itā€™s time to schedule delivery. Only way to check the status is to call Tesla. You may or may not get any helpful information.
2. No, youā€™ll be contacted by the company responsible for installation of the gateway and charger. If you decide to go forward, Tesla will send them the charger for installation.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
Here's how the process works:

Once your Cybertruck (CT) is loaded onto a rail car or semi transport, the system automatically assigns you a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

Then, your delivery team is notified that your CT is en route to them.

Upon receiving the truck, they will send you a notification to schedule delivery. The timing mostly depends on the number of CTs they are receiving and delivering that day or week.

On average, it takes about 4 hours to prepare a CT for customer pickup. Yes, they arrive dirty and require cleaning, sanding, and other minor repairs before being delivered to the customer.

There are instances where your CT may already be at your delivery center but hasnā€™t completed the pre-delivery process. You can always reach out to your delivery team to let them know you are ready. Many times, they will expedite your pre-delivery process, and your CT will be available for pickup that week.

I hope this clarifies some misunderstandings about the process.

Cheers!

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Once your Cybertruck (CT) is loaded onto a rail car or semi transport, the system automatically assigns you a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
This isn't necessarily true. There have been a lot of people that got vins but had no movement for quite some time, meaning the vin was assigned well before it reached transport.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This isn't necessarily true. There have been a lot of people that got vins but had no movement for quite some time, meaning the vin was assigned well before it reached transport.
False. At this stage: VINā€™s are ONLY assigned once they have been loaded onto transport

the info I have provided is 100% accurate.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”
Country flag
Getting close, first sighting of the Cybertruck in Oklahoma. You think with Okies being five hours from the Giga Factory we might get one or two off the big list prior to other states. But yes, I know thatā€™s not how it works, and yes itā€™s not a CT. šŸ˜‚

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery timeline/process question IMG_5300

Last edited:

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received this info directly from management in Austin.
I would love for you to be right, it would mean vin to delivery should start dropping... did they say when that change took place?

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
He didnā€™t tell me anything about when this changed.

only that this is the current process for VIN assignment for CT

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
He didnā€™t tell me anything about when this changed.

only that this is the current process for VIN assignment for CT
can you tell me when the conversation happened at least?

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
False. At this stage: VINā€™s are ONLY assigned once they have been loaded onto transport

the info I have provided is 100% accurate.
If thatā€™s the case, my truck was loaded on a transport and sat at GFT from February 17th until March 5th. My vin was issued on February 15th and I still donā€™t have a delivery date. If your information is that accurate, maybe you can explain my situation to me.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I received this info directly from management in Austin.
Iā€™m glad the made the change AFTER making people wait excessively.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If thatā€™s the case, my truck was loaded on a transport and sat at GFT from February 17th until March 5th. My vin was issued on February 15th and I still donā€™t have a delivery date. If your information is that accurate, maybe you can explain my situation to me.
Well he's saying that it is accurate presently. It could have been a change as recently as a week ago. so your vin would already have been assigned by the time the change occurred.

Whether it's true or not? Can't say, because I'm not an insider at tesla. but it's at least plausible. It would explain why people have seemed to get shorter vin to delivery the last couple of weeks. Anything assigned before the change would be 15-21 days to delivery. anything after would be 10-14ish
Sponsored