Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Well he's saying that it is accurate presently. It could have been a change as recently as a week ago. so your vin would already have been assigned by the time the change occurred.

Whether it's true or not? Can't say, because I'm not an insider at tesla. but it's at least plausible. It would explain why people have seemed to get shorter vin to delivery the last couple of weeks. Anything assigned before the change would be 15-21 days to delivery. anything after would be 10-14ish
The stupid question of the day is why wasn’t this their f@&$ing plan from the beginning. 😡 No pats on the back for figuring out logistics 4 months later.
Sponsored

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
If that’s the case, my truck was loaded on a transport and sat at GFT from February 17th until March 5th. My vin was issued on February 15th and I still don’t have a delivery date. If your information is that accurate, maybe you can explain my situation to me.
my understanding is there were several build batches that were held at GFTX due to missing parts / components needing to be replaced with a newer version.

Most of this has been cleared up.

have you spoken to your delivery team about your trucks location? I imagine it should be in route to your delivery location by now

Cirrus SR22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
So i've received my VIN last week for delivery in CA.

Couple questions that I hope this group will be able to answer
  1. In the app I cannot schedule a delivery appointment - will this be available once the CT is at the dealer or when it's in transit? Can I check somewhere the status of it?
  2. I don't own any EV right now - does Tesla give me the universal charger on the day I pick it up?
You will receive the Mobile Charger on the day of Delivery.

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If that’s the case, my truck was loaded on a transport and sat at GFT from February 17th until March 5th. My vin was issued on February 15th and I still don’t have a delivery date. If your information is that accurate, maybe you can explain my situation to me.
Yeah, pretty similar to me, got VIN Feb 23rd and no delivery date. Its a 3.5 hour drive up from Austin the DFW. The Tesla rep said, once they have vehicle on site, then I get to schedule delivery day.

Last edited:

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
my understanding is there were several build batches that were held at GFTX due to missing parts / components needing to be replaced with a newer version.

Most of this has been cleared up.

have you spoken to your delivery team about your trucks location? I imagine it should be in route to your delivery location by now
The annoying part is that “your truck may be waiting for parts” would have been at least something. The “We don’t know what’s going on, you’ll get notified when we receive it” gets old pretty quickly. I don’t blame the SC folks because we all know they aren’t communicated well to.

I finally got word that it was shipped but they couldn’t tell me where it was or an ETA. It’s great for folks that have recently received their VINs though. Im happy they’ll be getting their trucks in a reasonable amount of time.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah, pretty similar to me, got VIN Feb 23rd and no delivery date. Its a 3.5 hour drive up from Austin the DFW. The Tesla rep said, once they have vehicle on site, then I get to schedule delivery day.
Too bad picking it up wasn’t an option. Well if you’re an influencer then it might be đŸ€Ł.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Too bad picking it up wasn’t an option. Well if you’re an influencer then it might be đŸ€Ł.
I was so prepared to make the drive from texas, lol. Have me do all of my paperwork and trade in here, then I'll fly down there and pick it up and drive home.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@Celiboy @Guylouis

this would explain why VINs are now being seen on Sundays when previously they weren't. i bet the factory is shutdown, but the outbound lots still open and trucks shipping out.
That makes sense. If they have a backlog of trucks to get moving, it makes sense to send out the VINs whenever to give notice to owners their trucks are complete.

OP
OP

starcyber

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I tried to call Tesla today to see if they could tell me where my CT is but after being on hold for 20 minutes I gave up...

Interestingly when I look at my documents, one of the documents is called "Delivery Configuration" and has an Odometer value on it - 15 in my case...

If VINs are displayed in the app when the trucks are loaded for transportation - anyone knows what the transport time from the factory in Texas so the SF Bay Area is?

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery timeline/process question Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 8.56.13 PM

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What’s crazy is there have been owners post about receiving their VINs in Ca. and getting delivery in less than a week. I don’t get it. A guy in San Diego posted today he got his VIN and two days later was scheduled for delivery the following day. I can’t even fathom how that’s possible. They seem to be getting to the bay pretty quickly. Dublin and Irvine seem pretty busy delivering trucks.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Here's how the process works:

Once your Cybertruck (CT) is loaded onto a rail car or semi transport, the system automatically assigns you a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

Then, your delivery team is notified that your CT is en route to them.

Upon receiving the truck, they will send you a notification to schedule delivery. The timing mostly depends on the number of CTs they are receiving and delivering that day or week.

On average, it takes about 4 hours to prepare a CT for customer pickup. Yes, they arrive dirty and require cleaning, sanding, and other minor repairs before being delivered to the customer.

There are instances where your CT may already be at your delivery center but hasn’t completed the pre-delivery process. You can always reach out to your delivery team to let them know you are ready. Many times, they will expedite your pre-delivery process, and your CT will be available for pickup that week.

I hope this clarifies some misunderstandings about the process.

Cheers!
If the advisor is extra helpful and have too much time on his hand, he can ping your VIN on where it is that very moment, like, Amazon package tracking.

Example, he may tell you that the driver of the transporter is taking his sweet time smelling roses in Coalinga and will stop for hot Andersen pea soup in Santa Nella in Central Valley.

ETA, gawd only knows.
Sponsored

Last edited: