Did anyone notice that the original cybertruck tease was different from the actual truck?

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
I haven't seen anyone talking about how the original cybertruck tease pic released by tesla had a totally different hood than the actual cybertruck revealed. The event invitation also had the same hood as the teaser with the angled sides and seem steeper than the revealed cybertruck.

I'm curious as to how that would work with the windshield and all, considering that it is flush with the hood.

What Im more curious about is what it was like to change the body design so significantly within the short time between the teaser release and the reveal event. That must have been a scramble!

Tesla Cybertruck Did anyone notice that the original cybertruck tease was different from the actual truck? cyber3

Tesla Cybertruck Did anyone notice that the original cybertruck tease was different from the actual truck? Tesla-pickup-truck-teaser-2
Sponsored

Last edited:

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
Maybe the concept vehicle we saw at the reveal was original or what they could build for the show, and the design in the pictures above are what the real CT will look like.

Which would you prefer?

OP
OP
myco.rrhizae

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Yeah, and I guess the full glass front wouldn't allow for a frunk either. So not very practical.
oh do you think it was a full glass front in the teaser??

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Now that you mention it, it does look like a seamless windshield.

But there's no reason that couldn't lift up (or drawer out) a frunk.

-Crissa

OP
OP
myco.rrhizae

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Which would you prefer?
Hard to say which one I would prefer... I havent even begun to wrap my mind around what a continuous glass front would be like. Assuming that it's a metal hood, seems like the angled sides on the hood would serve two possible functions:

One ~ it shares some design esthetics with other pickup trucks and conventional auto design in general. Could help familiarize the bold design. Im guessing Elon chose to double down (as he does) on the unavoidably bold and jarring esthetic of his unstampable 3mm cold rolled stainless. By making the design 100% foreign to everyone he forces us to look at it with new eyes - rather than trying to familiarize the design and thus submitting cybertruck to a comparison of esthetic to conventional vehicles.

Two ~ wiper housing?! yeah - where are the wipers gonna go? I know that this has been discussed to some extent, but its difficult to appreciate how much it will change the entire feel of the truck to break the seamless and flush plane of the hood with the windshield. And i have serious doubts that Tesla is going to use some kind of laser powered windshield wipers (which i dont think is physically possible). If anything that pattent could be just for defogging and melting ice. The angled sides on the hood would serve to lift the top of the hood for the wipers to live without producing the drag that Tesla is known to put a great amount of effort into avoiding.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Now that you mention it, it does look like a seamless windshield.

But there's no reason that couldn't lift up (or drawer out) a frunk.

-Crissa
Drawer out?! That is something I would love to see!!! A drawer front that drops down like a oven front, with several drawers that pull out like tool box!

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
The CT teaser was actually spot on! They are both triangular, sharp edged, and totally different than any other truck's design. Elon had prepared the world for months and we didn't even know it? Yet people still expected a Tesyota CyberTundra??
Sponsored