Did Nano One just enter a Cathode Evaluation Agreement with Tesla?

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nano One Materials Corp. (TSXV: NNO | FF: LBMB | OTC: NNOMF) (“Nano One”) announcedearlier today that they have entered “into a Cathode Evaluation Agreement with Major Global Automotive Company“. In the news release Nano One CEO Dan Blondal quotes “major global EV leader“. The release also quotes:

“Mr. Dan Blondal is pleased to announce that Nano One has entered into a cathode evaluation and benchmark agreement with an American based multinational auto manufacturer to jointly evaluate Nano One’s cathode materials for automotive lithium ion batteries.”

To my thinking this can only mean Tesla (TSLA). Now I could be wrong here as Tesla is not named in the news release; but there is only one “major global EV leader” that is “American based”. So as readers you can also draw your own conclusions.

Looking at the 2020 global electric vehicle sales table below the only American based companies I see in the top 20 are Tesla at number 1 and Ford at number 20. GM is not even on the table.

Global electric car sales by manufacturer for October 2020 and year to date (YTD)

Tesla Cybertruck Did Nano One just enter a Cathode Evaluation Agreement with Tesla? -by-manufacturer-for-October-2020-and-year-to-date

Source: EV-Sales Blogspot

Digging deeper into today’s announcement from Nano One it states:

“This agreement formalizes efforts that began earlier this year and aligns Nano One with its second major automotive company. These are formative steps in developing a long term relationship. We are confident that given economic viability it will lead to commercial opportunities and strategies to integrate Nano One’s technologies into the electric vehicle value chain.”

The first major automotive company was Volkswagen. So if I am right that Nano One is now working with Tesla, it means Nano One is now in collaboration with the top two global electric vehicle (EV) manufacturers. By 2030 Tesla plans to be selling 20M EVs pa and I would think Volkswagen would plan to at least match or beat that. Therefore all going particularly well, Nano One’s cathode materials for automotive lithium ion batteries could potentially be used in ~40M new EVs pa by 2030. It is not yet known if all of the Tesla/Volkswagen EVs will necessarily use the Nano One cathode materials Intellectual property. Also at this point these deals are not yet finalized into commercial contracts, so for now this is only speculation on what might be possible down the road for Nano One.

Last month I wrote here on InvestorIntel an article titled: “Nano One looks to be moving in the same direction as EV leader Tesla”, where I discussed Nano One’s single crystal cathode proprietary one-pot process to develop a low cost, cobalt-free lithium nickel manganese (LNM) cathode active material. That news tied in perfectly to what Elon Musk was saying at Tesla Battery Day in September where he discussed using sulfate-free metals rather than hydroxides and making a nickel manganese battery.

Nano One stated in today’s news release:

“Nano One’s One-Pot process forms durable single crystal cathode powders and protective coatings simultaneously, directly from sulfate-free metal salts and lithium carbonate. It is an environmentally inspired process using limited water and produces no waste stream. The process eliminates intermediate products, additional coating steps and the costly requirements for metal-sulfates and lithium hydroxide feedstocks.”

Nano One process advantage

Tesla Cybertruck Did Nano One just enter a Cathode Evaluation Agreement with Tesla? Nano-One-process-advantage

Source

Furthermore Nano One’s November 24 announcement on a breakthrough in battery longevity further strengthens their case for ultimately winning multiple EV manufacturer or battery/cathode manufacturer contracts. Nano One stated: “Nano One’s proprietary LNM battery enables the benefits of increased voltage, elevated operating temperatures and fast charging……We have also reached 1000 fast charge and discharge cycles at 25°C demonstrating that issues of excessive gassing, anode contamination and poor cycling may be overcome.”

Closing remarks

Nano One continues to talk to and form agreements with the very top tier EV companies. We know that they are already working with Volkswagen and Pulead Technology (a leading LFP cathode maker) and this latest agreement, in my view, is almost certain to be with Tesla (speculation on my part for now). Should success follow and a Tesla contract be forthcoming it would not be hard to imagine all the other EV manufacturers lining up at Nano One’s doorstep.

Nano One has a market cap of around C$370M with the global cathode market forecast to be a US$23 billion market by 2025. Nano One is targeting about US$1 billion in potential licensing opportunity within the cathode market and certainly looks well on track to potentially succeed at this stage.

SOURCE: InvestorIntel
Sponsored

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
I implore readers of this forum to not invest any money into this company. Looks like a pump&dump

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I implore readers of this forum to not invest any money into this company. Looks like a pump&dump

Did you even bother looking at a chart of this stock?

I'm not promoting this stock but the 6 month chart looks pretty good for an OTC stock.

The stock was 0.53 on March 18, 2020 and is now at 3.40. Hardly what I call a pump&dump.

In every investment the Golden Rule is Due Diligence.

Tesla Cybertruck Did Nano One just enter a Cathode Evaluation Agreement with Tesla? Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.38.43 AM

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag

I'm not promoting this stock but the 6 month chart looks pretty good for an OTC stock.

The stock was 0.53 on March 18, 2020 and is now at 3.40. Hardly what I call a pump&dump.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.38.43 AM.png
"...OTC..." therein IS the problem.

OTC is the most unregulated, shifty, capricious pump n dump gambling house anyone wants to frequent.

IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"...OTC..." therein IS the problem.

OTC is the most unregulated, shifty, capricious pump n dump gambling house anyone wants to frequent.

IMO.
They can be risky. That is why I said "In every investment the Golden Rule is Due Diligence".

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.38.43 AM.png
Yes I looked at the chart, I watched some videos on YouTube with their CEO and CTO, interviews taken on some shady channels or with gullible audience. I looked at the latest unaudited financial statement on SEDAR. They are located in British Columbia where most of these mining scam Canadian companies reside. Usually a deal with Tesla is made public only when Tesla announces it, it's not the case here.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes I looked at the chart, I watched some videos on YouTube with their CEO and CTO, interviews taken on some shady channels or with gullible audience. I looked at the latest unaudited financial statement on SEDAR. They are located in British Columbia where most of these mining scam Canadian companies reside. Usually a deal with Tesla is made public only when Tesla announces it, it's not the case here.
It does look like they are riding the "electric wave" like so many here lately. But if you had gotten in 6 month ago you would have made some serious money.

Yakuza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Datsun
Country flag
They say they won’t use silicon, whereas tesla said they would on battery day. For its upsides and low costs, and apparent scalability, I don’t think Tesla bought these people

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The single-crystal cathode was one of the things Tesla was looking into. But yeah, Tesla generally doesn't like their suppliers to leak this kind of stuff.

-Crissa

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
Any news from this company? The stock seems to be "cheap" rn
Sponsored