Does Cybertruck come with Tire Repair Kit?

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
No.
But there will be one available Cybertruck Air Compressor Ultra + Tire Repair Kit (tesla.com) as well as a spare
Cybertruck Spare Tire + Tool Kit (tesla.com)

Many vehicles don't have spares or repair kits anymore because the prevalence of flats has dropped dramatically. I don't think that Tesla has ever had one.
We bought a Tesla tire repair kit for our first Tesla in 2018. We sold it a month ago and moved the tire repair kit that’s still in the original plastic wrapping, to my wife’s MY. The only occasion of a tire issue, the tire needed to be replaced due to sidewall failure.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I bought this well-reviewed patch kit:

https://a.co/d/632eXwU

I've already used it, but not on the Cybertruck hahahaha. Plugged a nail puncture well, didn't even need to jack it or remove the tire.
Make sure you have some good pliers and a sharp blade too. The pliers might be needed to remove whatever caused the puncture and it can also be useful for pulling a plug tight after insertion, for special types of repair (like if you have to insert a knotted plug in the center of the cut between two folded plugs). A sharp blade makes it easier to cut the plug(s) flush with the tire surface, which will improve the reliability of the repair.

I can't believe we are in the 2020's and some people still complain about a lack of a spare tire but didn't even think to carry a plug kit and a small tire inflator. A spare tire can only repair one flat, and then you are helpless without a plug kit. Who wants to jack a vehicle anyway, if you don't need to, especially off-road, if you can just poke a plug in there, inflate, and be on your way?

I guess the old saying might be true, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". But then we have 20-somethings insisting you need to carry spare tires. Probably because their grandpa told them that's how you fix a flat. :rolleyes:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We bought a Tesla tire repair kit for our first Tesla in 2018. We sold it a month ago and moved the tire repair kit that’s still in the original plastic wrapping, to my wife’s MY. The only occasion of a tire issue, the tire needed to be replaced due to sidewall failure.
Most sidewall damage happens with inadequate tire pressure. And even though plugs can repair almost all sidewall damage well enough to get to a shop, you might have to get creative with the plugs to make it work and, even then, tires with sidewall damage should always be replaced. And avoid high speed driving until it can be.

Also, beware of cheap plugs. It's hard to tell what you are getting these days so I like to carry two or three kinds/sizes so I always have something that will get me back to civilization. If I ever have one that doesn't take, I can always replace it with a different type. It's never happened, but I like to be prepared.

The best tire repair is the one that doesn't happen, so always buy high-quality tires that are suitable for the application and maintain the pressures like a pro. Towing with a Cybertruck requires 65 psi in the all-terrain tires so don't buy a wimpy tire inflator.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you can actually recommend that $550 !!!! tire repair kit with a straight face ?
It's difficult to know if the price is outrageous without having any idea how good the compressor is. It's probably overpriced, but the real problem I have with it is it uses tire sealant instead of plugs. I avoid tire sealant like the plague because it makes a real mess inside the wheel and I couldn't ask anyone to clean it up without feeling really bad about it (and I wouldn't want to do it myself either).

Plus, tire sealant is not nearly as versatile as plugs for repairing a variety of dirfferent kinds of damage.

rdalcanto

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3
Country flag
Do the stock tires have the sound deadening foam glued to the inside?
Sponsored