Does Tesla even need to create a new model vehicle to release a $25,000 car?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I think it shows you don't know how GDP is calculated or the variables that impact the money supply.
You assume a lot from a few words, often.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
It’s still true, along with the other factors.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I literally said the other factors were true also.

I talked to someone with a Leaf and considering other EVs as another vehicle. They are kind of in the place I was a few months ago, and I ended up with an ICE smart. They are trying to decide whether the Tesla price tag is worth it, or go with an even cheaper EV and then just rent a Tesla for road trips. I guess that's another "competitor," it's easy and cheap to rent one in my area.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Inflation doesn't only reduce demand, it also reduces production, which creates a negative feedback loop. Have a look at Inflation prior to the bankruptcy of the great depression that was only resolved by forced productivity of WW2. No different now... watch how it spreads.

And I agree the conversation is pointless unless people can put their media based biases aside and stop cherry picking data.

Inflation is accumulative, so like compounding interest, where you pay interest on interest, year for year. So giving an inflation figure for this year compounds on last years etc. meaning it gets worse every time and creates even more instability. It's like pushing a swing higher and higher, resulting in more extremes, until something gives.

Thats why I'm with Charlie on this one, we should really be talking about a "Budget Tesla" not a $25k model anymore.

P.S. Anyone hear about the Nord Stream 1 and 2 NG being sabotaged? Not good.
Sponsored

Last edited: