Does Tesla schedule delivery when vehicle is enroute?

cyberstank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I got my AWD vin, and I’m leaving for a trip in a week in a half. I called Tesla and they said it should be ready by 31st which is cutting it super close before I leave. I’m wondering if anyone knows when Tesla sends out notice to do final payment and schedule delivery, is it when the vehicle is close to SC or only after it arrives? Frustrating not knowing anything.

I’m located in socal by the way

thanks in advance
Sponsored

HellsNels

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck | Beast | FS; 2017 Model 3 LR
Country flag
They schedule when its arrived at the delivery center. Seems avg from VIN assignment to delivery scheduling is like 2-2.5 weeks according to the data.

However, if you are proactive you can call around your local service/delivery centers and see if they have any cancelled trucks for you to swoop in but you have to have your cash on hand ready to drive off the lot.

Rook-E

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
They scheduled me while still enroute. I first went to the SC and they pinged my CT which was on its way to Mira Loma.

Six days later I asked them on the app what my status was. They indicated it was in California and asked if I want to set a date for the following week. I said yes and they tentatively set a 25 March delivery. The app was updated to reflect delivery in that date.

This morning, I get a text saying complete the final payment information. So it is possible to set delivery prior to arriving, but perhaps it’s all dependent on which SA you have.
Sponsored