ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I watched some of Doug DeMuro's earlier videos, including those on the Lamborghini Urus and also two of his videos on the Model 3. Those were physical production sample reviews. But once Doug seems like he has to 'judge' or 'evaluate' something Without Actually Seeing It, IMO he exposes himself to be at least possibly, a corrupt puppet shill. Seriously, why would he do all those videos with a car seat under him, and then suddenly find it 'necessary' to make statements while he's not anywhere near an actual production Cybertruck? Doesn't add up people.
Sponsored

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't really think either of them is closer to production than the other. On one hand, the Hummer seems to have it's design and interior/exterior all planned out (But not functioning, although that's an easy fix.) On the other hand, the CT is still going through design revisions and we barely know any of its capabilities and features. The Cybertruck needs to develop whole new battery technologies, which may be better than the Hummer's but is not close to being available. The Hummer just seems to use old battery tech that is readily available. So I think that neither is ready for production in any way.

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I think Cybertruck Guy has been very helpful in understanding the U.S. pickup truck market buyers. I have watched some other truck owner videos but Guy's have been the best. He has both business and recreational uses of pickup trucks. He lives in heart of USA truck country & probably most of his friends drive pickups. Cybertruck Guy has real world experience on how pickups are used in normal people's lives.

Doug Demuro most of the time talks about vehicles that many of us might want but 99.99 of us will never drive and even less chance of owning. I find stuff like that a waste of time.

I found most every Cybertruck Guy videos informative and occasionally need to re-watch a few of them.
I disagree with what you said about Doug only talking about rare cars. He does talk about them but that's because it interests people and he needs to please people because YouTube is his job. However, he always reviews and talks about rational cars.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I don't really think either of them is closer to production than the other. On one hand, the Hummer seems to have it's design and interior/exterior all planned out (But not functioning, although that's an easy fix.) On the other hand, the CT is still going through design revisions and we barely know any of its capabilities and features. The Cybertruck needs to develop whole new battery technologies, which may be better than the Hummer's but is not close to being available. The Hummer just seems to use old battery tech that is readily available. So I think that neither is ready for production in any way.
Having a driving prototype seems further ahead to me. Also, Tesla is well known for having less bureaucracy to jump through to get a product to market, for better or for worse. They partnered with Mercedes on the Model S, and Tesla did 6 months of testing whereas MB would have done 2 years. The Germans found that terrifying, and sold their stake in Tesla. That stake would be worth more than all of Daimler today...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Cybertruck needs to develop whole new battery technologies, which may be better than the Hummer's but is not close to being available
Tesla said they already have a pilot factory and are testing the new packs in vehicles.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Tesla said they already have a pilot factory and are testing the new packs in vehicles.

-Crissa
That has produced over 10,000 cells as said on battery day.

The latest is that these batteries produced by the pilot line will help factories, like the one in Berlin, to provide cells until their own line gets up and running.

I assume the same will happen for Texas. Not sure if they will ever make their new cells in China.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag

The latest is that these batteries produced by the pilot line will help factories, like the one in Berlin, to provide cells until their own line gets up and running.

I assume the same will happen for Texas. Not sure if they will ever make their new cells in China.
The consensus is that China will make the cells with the Fe cathode and my guess in the 4680 size

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag

I think between the pilot factory in Fremont, Panasonics up coming line in Nevada and Berlin production they should be off to the races here in Austin once the factory is ready to start producing batteries. Hopefully most of the learning curve is figured out by that time.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I know the new Panasonic line in Nevada will be 4680, but I have not heard what other technologies that Tesla has decided to share.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I know the new Panasonic line in Nevada will be 4680, but I have not heard what other technologies that Tesla has decided to share.
I wonder if Tesla is looking into solid state batteries, I know he probably does not need another item on his to do list.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wonder if Tesla is looking into solid state batteries, I know he probably does not need another item on his to do list.
If their price comes down, maybe. Tesla seems focused on growing the supply of cheap cells today that can be swapped in. Solid state is a really untested technology yet, and really expensive.

-Crissa

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
If their price comes down, maybe. Tesla seems focused on growing the supply of cheap cells today that can be swapped in. Solid state is a really untested technology yet, and really expensive.

-Crissa
I can't remember the "Company" who made a claim they have a solid state battery developed and would see production in 2025, I personal thought it was unfounded but ,I have seen magic acts that were seemingly authentic.
Sponsored