Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Move perfectly working headlights to an inferior position? No reason. That's why they didn't. Tesla is an engineering/logic driven company.
I'd love the headlights to be in the hood like it looked like they would be in the prototype. You can't shine light through a diffuser and get meaningful distance. They look bright because it's like shining a shitty flashlight into a milk jug. It looks bright but if you are walking at night, a bare flashlight with a backing mirrored surface is better. I've looked for cars that had diffused glass for headlights but couldn't find a single one.

I did, however, have a Pontiac once that had headlights that had that glazed look. They worked for shit and I had to polish the plastic clear to get any meaningful light from them.

As much as I'd like the Cybertruck to have that blade be the headlights, it just won't work.
Sponsored

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
I'd love the headlights to be in the hood like it looked like they would be in the prototype. You can't shine light through a diffuser and get meaningful distance. They look bright because it's like shining a shitty flashlight into a milk jug. It looks bright but if you are walking at night, a bare flashlight with a backing mirrored surface is better. I've looked for cars that had diffused glass for headlights but couldn't find a single one.

I did, however, have a Pontiac once that had headlights that had that glazed look. They worked for shit and I had to polish the plastic clear to get any meaningful light from them.

As much as I'd like the Cybertruck to have that blade be the headlights, it just won't work.
Eh? The light bar's not a headlight.. It is just the running light. The projector headlights are those tiny rectangles below the fronk lip on either side. Pretty sure this has been discussed a few times here..

EDIT: just read up a bit, and it appears you are aware that the light bar is not the headlights. Still confused about this post then :p

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Eh? The light bar's not a headlight.. It is just the running light. The projector headlights are those tiny rectangles below the fronk lip on either side. Pretty sure this has been discussed a few times here..

EDIT: just read up a bit, and it appears you are aware that the light bar is not the headlights. Still confused about this post then :p
It was my 2 cents about the whole confusion about which set of lights are the headlights...

MisterL

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Configured
Country flag
The lightbar is the headlights, the fog lights are the lower lights. You do not place fog lights high up, that's the whole point of them, as to not have to shine through fog. Watch the video, the bar is the main source of light. The two extreme ends of the bar are also thicker, and brighter - the true headlights while the center is more decorative.

Would be nice to see the high beams on that would solve this argument

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Sienna, Pleasure-way RV
Occupation
Air Force Officer (ret), Investor, E-Commerce
Country flag
I generally don’t like Light bars but in case of CT, with light bar alone, it would look like a bad ass UFO at night.

1693509803050.png

As shown, it just may beat R1T in dorky contest. I am hoping they are fog lights and you can turn them off.

1693507414831.png
The yellow (amber) sidemarkers will still be required, even if the lower white lights can be turned off.
Sponsored