Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Traverse, BDM Ridgeback, Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Business Owner/Manager
Country flag
My lease on my current vehicle wasn't up until the end of this year so I was hoping to be able to make it till my lease was up but there were some complications in the lease by the dealership they screwed up my account and we decided to turn the lease in today and I bought a new Chevy Silverado. I have a morning after release preorder for a dual motor Cybertruck. Should I just get refunded of the $100 or can someone else use my early pre order?
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My lease on my current vehicle wasn't up until the end of this year so I was hoping to be able to make it till my lease was up but there were some complications in the lease by the dealership they screwed up my account and we decided to turn the lease in today and I bought a new Chevy Silverado. I have a morning after release preorder for a dual motor Cybertruck. Should I just get refunded of the $100 or can someone else use my early pre order?
You would probably have to buy it and then sell it to whoever agrees to take over your spot. It would be a hassle for both of you, and risky as well.

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
Hold onto your reservation until we get closer to production. Given Tesla’s history, even early reservations could see a delay till 2023 or 2024, especially if they run into complications producing the new battery cells.

You’d be kicking yourself big time if, by the time they start getting delivered, you realized you wanted it after all. After all, can always say “no” then and get your $100 back.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I'd definitely say hold. If the ramp is slow and the CT turns out to be a big hit when it actually arrives you might be able to sell it at a handsome premium on the day you buy it.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Do you need the $100? Consider it a super low risk investment. I put in my reservation less than an hour after the reveal, and I'm still around 43,000. Your vehicle will probably not be built until 2023. A lot can happen between now and then. You or someone in your family may want that reservation. It's $100, wait and see.

OP
OP
bdmridgeback

bdmridgeback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Traverse, BDM Ridgeback, Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Business Owner/Manager
Country flag
Do you need the $100? Consider it a super low risk investment. I put in my reservation less than an hour after the reveal, and I'm still around 43,000. Your vehicle will probably not be built until 2023. A lot can happen between now and then. You or someone in your family may want that reservation. It's $100, wait and see.
No, I'm not worried at all about getting the $100 back. Just inquiring about what to do with my reservation. I'll keep it for now and see how things turn out.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
My advice is keep the reservation. You may enjoy the silverado now, but the difference in capability, capacity, comfort may be worth the depreciation on the silverado. Also, there will be someone ecstatic to purchase the silverado when you move on to the Cybertruck. I would consider the cost to be equal to rent on the silverado in the time you have between now and the time your reservation matures.

mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru CrossTek, 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hold onto your reservation until we get closer to production. Given Tesla’s history, even early reservations could see a delay till 2023 or 2024, especially if they run into complications producing the new battery cells.

You’d be kicking yourself big time if, by the time they start getting delivered, you realized you wanted it after all. After all, can always say “no” then and get your $100 back.
This is sound advice, I canceled my CT reservation form 2020 only to make a new one in 2021. Big mistake. Hold it until the tell you to come pick it up.

sefar

First Name
se
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 100d, Ram 1500 limited ecodiesel
Country flag
Your only real choices are to get a refund or hold till it is up to build and see if you can sell the truck, which will then be a used truck, no incentive (if tax incentives are available.) You can only transfer a reservation to a family member IF you get special dispensation from Tesla and a note from your congressman. Kidding about the note but it would be easier to get...
Sponsored