Electrek: Dems propose new $12,500 electric car rebate, Tesla left with $4,500 disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
People are free to kneel, but that doesn't mean anyone has to like it.
I support the right for people to be idiots.

Also, the kneeling violated a VOLUNTARY market-based contract between the players and the people who pay them. On top of that, it served to create new riffs, and I can't find any evidence that it helped anything.

Thank you for that Constitution.
The one that has absolutely nothing to do with people in a private place, during privately funded time, paid privately, by people with whom they have a private contract?

I'm always shocked at how few people understand the Constitution yet spout it as some magic document that applies to everything.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Is it possible to discuss the measure without the whining about unrelated political topics?

:rolleyes:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Please explain WTF, whining about 10 year old football protests has to do with the Cybertruck? Be specific because my non-political self is pretty stupid about this stuff.

Bunch of whiney nonsense.

I can understand the whining about corruption. It's the whining about unrelated shit that is annoying.

You must have used the wrong quote. I'm not the one who used the kneeling issue. I used the sports my team/I hate the other team metaphor and continued to that those are for Tesla who should hate GM, Ford, etc. and vice versa.

I don't, can't understand the me-vs-them typical sports psyche. Am not one of them. I let GM, Ford.. be.

Agree, we should go back to topic. My vested interest is in getting the EV tax break since I was once hit with income tax of which the amount can buy me another ICE-SUV. It would be nice to get some of that money back..;)

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You must have used the wrong quote. I'm not the one who used the kneeling issue. I
I never called out anyone specific. I only mentioned the football example after you replied.

I just asked people to stop unrelated whining. Maybe be your conscious talking to you?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Noted, you did no work trying to disprove a basic mathematical law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law

'Deserve' has no place in the conversation. We're trying to build a better place - forum, society, country. You don't do that by tearing things down ignorant of what will happen when you do.

Much better to say something informative, to build up, to work forward than to throw caltrops into the thread.

-Crissa

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Noted, you did no work trying to disprove a basic mathematical law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law
If you choose to be bound by the idea that we have to choose one of two scumbags, then obviously there's not much else to discuss.

Tearing down idiocy is just as important as supporting good. Pointing out to morons that giving their kids Ivermectin is stupid is just as important as encouraging them to get vaccinated. I reject the idea that one shouldn't attack something harmful, like unions.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Would this apply to purchases already made in 2021?
This version does not include a provision for retroactive rebates. I think one of the other versions floating around does. We're looking at drafts of the final bill here.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you choose to be bound by the idea that we have to choose one of two scumbags, then obviously...
I'm sorry that you refuse to contribute anything to a constructive world.

You're the one calling them scumbags, and giving no path forward. Some team will win, either way. Calling everyone scumbags is not the way to create democracy, but in fact, tear it down. Which means racists, trolls, might-makes-right, fascists, win.

Is that really what you want for the world?

-Crissa
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.