Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
My choices were $110K Hummer, $80K Rivian and a $40K Lightning which Ford could get it to me earlier than the other two. I never thought I would ever be driving a Ford but so far, I am pretty happy with it. I wouldn't feel as comfortable traveling with it as I would with a 350 mile CT but as long as we have an ICE in the driveway for that 5% use, it works.
I think you did just fine. Not included in your choices was a Ford ICE truck which sucks way more than the Lightning! Enjoy your new toy!
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
As long as your good with the range seems like an ok deal. Particularly if you have a long wait for the Cybertruck.

Unrelated… Ford had a horrible 4th quarter. Absolutely slaughtered.
700K spot on CT line.

Hybrid companies like Ford use their shrinking ICE money to kickstart an EV business that is bound to be inefficient initially. Interest rates and inflation are no help. It must be rough with low margins in both segments. Stock is clawing it’s way back up. The only car company stock I ever bought and sold was Rivian. I must be one of the few people that actually made money on it (not much). I also must be one of the few people that missed the boat on TSLA (several times).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
700K spot on CT line.

Hybrid companies like Ford use their shrinking ICE money to kickstart an EV business that is bound to be inefficient initially. Interest rates and inflation are no help. It must be rough with low margins in both segments. Stock is clawing it’s way back up. The only car company stock I ever bought and sold was Rivian. I must be one of the few people that actually made money on it (not much). I also must be one of the few people that missed the boat on TSLA (several times).
Yeah, if you managed to snag that $43k intro deal def a nice spot to be in.

Sounds like maybe you’ll be driving this around for 3 more years and might be able to get decent resale out the Ford if you decide to get your Cybertruck. (If… I’m betting when)

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Sharing my tweet cause video doesn’t do well on here. Not being a whore. Trying to help us all.

Check out the visor action!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Sharing my tweet cause video doesn’t do well on here. Not being a whore. Trying to help us all.

Check out the visor action!
Why wouldn’t it? Seems like with all that glass they would be even more important.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Moooore pics!! I love that we are here now. Sightings. It’s happening.

Tesla Cybertruck Elon: "I was just reviewing the production beta Cybertruck. It is incredible." D0096FB9-2926-4B6B-982A-6B62A0545C51

Tesla Cybertruck Elon: "I was just reviewing the production beta Cybertruck. It is incredible." 9730D4A6-5F21-4168-BDD8-E50EE2003240

EIGHT HUGE tires in that bed, tailgate up… and room to spare. Sheesh! Older proto. Old mirrors. No wiper. Busted photographer. Whoopsie

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, if you managed to snag that $43k intro deal def a nice spot to be in.
$40K base but with options, tax, tag and delivery $49K out of pocket and it looks like I may be getting $7.5K tax credit off of it. It was hard to say no.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

D0096FB9-2926-4B6B-982A-6B62A0545C51.jpeg

9730D4A6-5F21-4168-BDD8-E50EE2003240.jpeg

EIGHT HUGE tires in that bed, tailgate up… and room to spare. Sheesh! Older proto. Old mirrors. No wiper. Busted photographer. Whoopsie
Love the perspective on these especially the first one.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

9730D4A6-5F21-4168-BDD8-E50EE2003240.jpeg

Nonono… not this time. I posted first in the correct thread ;)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
But I absolutely LOVE the tire photo. I’ve been begging for a shot with actual cargo in the bed for scale.

This also means they are outfitting at least 2 more beta trucks. Because 8 tires…

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
But I absolutely LOVE the tire photo. I’ve been begging for a shot with actual cargo in the bed for scale.

This also means they are outfitting at least 2 more beta trucks. Because 8 tires…
I just wanna remind everyone, those are 35” tires…. That’s 6ft in the bed.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Why wouldn’t it? Seems like with all that glass they would be even more important.
Never once has there been a visor seen

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The woman in this photo makes me think back to the short dark haired woman in the yard sale drone footage we saw months ago. Maybe there is a small army of short black haired women working on the Cybertruck… or perhaps the same person.

It’s hard to see in this second photo, but the woman was working on the side of the truck and was quite a bit shorter than the truck much like the one in the top photo. (Link to video)

Tesla Cybertruck Elon: "I was just reviewing the production beta Cybertruck. It is incredible." 1675406435260

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I am guessing you are asking this so you can say you don't have to do any of that with CT but you asked so I will answer: Nothing serious. I got the bare bone trim so I had to add running boards to make my short wife happy (that is my excuse but I need it more than she does). I had to get floor mats, bull ring retractable bed tie down. Bed Cleats Box Link tie downs all of which would fit earlier models with a lot of options to chose from. I can use my Thule adjustable racks off my old truck for my kayaks (not on for winter).

I have done no mods but you can see on Lightning Forum what people are doing. I am not sure if they could or would feel comfortable messing with CT as much. Parts seem very accessible on this truck without needing many special tools. My point is if you take a Lightning to a body shop or a gas station to do some basic work done, there is less of a chance they freak out than if you take a CT to a non Tesla shop. This is not an issue for most people especially those that don't keep their vehicles past warranty or take it to the boons away from civilization and I am not trying to convince any of them to think differently. It is just that having options has value for me personally.

Please don't turn this into a Tesla Rocks and Ford sucks rant. I don't have any special attachment to neither. I wrote a response because you asked a question. I am here because I am hoping CT's advantages and value (for me) will justify a trade. By then, there will be a lot of owner reviews of CT and I have a better feel for EV life. There is a chance Lightning may convince me that both of them are too big for me.
No, I was truly curious since you listed accessories and easy modding as an advantage of the Ford and I was wondering what kinds of things I might be missing with a Cybertruck that I could have on a lightning. I'm sure there must be something but considering I haven't needed to anything to my current F-150 in the previous 13 years maybe it's nothing i would want or benefit from.

On my F-1508 I did change out the new tires (OEM tires sucked at everything except for I'm sure Ford got them for a song), shock absorbers (OEM shocks sucked after 20K miles), and I had to put a thin piece of closed cell foam in front of the radiator during winter to encourage the V-8 to warm up more quickly while driving off on a cold morning. And it doesn't even get that cold here unless I take it into the mountains.

Basically, I try to buy the vehicle that meets or exceeds my needs so hopefully, I don't need to do extensive modding. I don't understand people who buy a vehicle that has, for example, weak power, and then spend a bunch of money giving it a bit more, but never as much power as if they had simply bought a more powerful engine or vehicle to begin with, and often far more money than if they had just bought the right engine to begin with.

I still need to hard-wire my radar detector into my Performance Model 3 so it doesn't have to plug into the console 12V power outlet but I don't think I'll get around to it ever because what I have works pretty well.

Maybe my needs just happen to align with the average person so I don't need to modify stuff very often? I do think there will be plenty of Cybertruck accessories in time and the narrative that the Cybertruck doesn't have a lot of accessories available is mostly someone trying really hard to think up reasons why a Cybertruck sucks or is not as good as a Dodge or whatever.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
The woman in this photo makes me think back to the short dark haired woman in the yard sale drone footage we saw months ago. Maybe there is a small army of short black haired women working on the Cybertruck… or perhaps the same person.

1675406435260.png
She reminded me of the snotty lady at Cyber Rodeo that tried to get everyone to look at the truck on the stand instead of the one they were driving around in front of everyone.

Ironically, now if it’s actually her, she’s standing with the truck she told everyone to go look at at cyber rodeo, telling them to stop looking at it.

Women I tell ya.. ha
Sponsored