Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
The total cost (price, interest, taxes, fees): $90,180 and you will have paid nearly $13K in interest. Your monthly payments would be $1,113.61 for 6 years.
You're making this (ridiculously priced) carbon fiber cargo eBike look like a smart decision! :cool:

https://www.maniac-sane.cc/sane
Sponsored

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
Tyler Mathisen, a CNBC anchor who was on the Tesla factory the other day, said that the Cybertruck line is totally different.

The design is supposed to eliminate complexities. But in the law of unintended consequences, it might just have moved the complexity somewhere. I would think it's in working on stainless steel and the pressing process.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It’s a POV.
No one has to accept it.

What’s disappointing is the quick jump to call someone a troll if they aren’t waving a low cost CT / I ❤ Elon flag.
Wait, you told me to accept your point of view or get off the forum:

Who’s being negative?

get off the forum if you can’t handle a POV that by the way is broadly accepted
I suggest you review your post history and explain why it's so over-whelmingly negative towards everything Tesla. I have no problem with a point of view that is negative, especially when it's supported by the facts, but someone who sees negativity in a subject that is largely a force for good needs to examine their motives.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Wait, you told me to accept your point of view or get off the forum:

I suggest you review your post history and explain why it's so over-whelmingly negative towards everything Tesla. I have no problem with a point of view that is negative, especially when it's supported by the facts, but someone who sees negativity in a subject that is largely a force for good needs to examine their motives.
Have you looked at my post history?
Go ahead and publish it as you are wrong. Been driving the Tesla for five years and will be among the first 1000 to get a cybertruck as I placed my order at the reveal.

Maybe you should examine your motives and quit disparaging others on this forum.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
You're making this (ridiculously priced) carbon fiber cargo eBike look like a smart decision! :cool:

https://www.maniac-sane.cc/sane
Interest expense on new vehicle loans is very significant reason why some people never get far enough ahead to be able to afford things like that.

And that's why I recommend individuals buy used cars until they have saved more than enough enough money to buy new cars with cash. I bought only used cars until the price of the new car I wanted was about 1% of my savings. And the new car had been heavily marked down from it's original price because a newer, model was available with nearly twice the power. I saved hugely because I knew I didn't need the power.

Now I can buy as many cars or trucks I want, without worrying about how to afford them. Save and invest early and often, so you don't have to later.

While this message is 100% sincere, there is also an element of greed embedded in it, I'm hoping some people with reservation numbers under 40K will do the responsible thing and keep saving their money until they can buy a Cybertruck with cash! Plus, all the early kinks will be worked out!

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
While this message is 100% sincere, there is also an element of greed embedded in it, I'm hoping some people with reservation numbers under 40K will do the responsible thing and keep saving their money until they can buy a Cybertruck with cash! Plus, all the early kinks will be worked out!
This is exactly what I did. Hoping the stock price will recover before I have to sell it..... :( :cool:

Bill W.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model-X
Country flag
Bickering amongst ourselves won't make the CT arrive any sooner or make it more affordable.

In the spirit of this thread, we should be thinking about what options each of us would like, in order to make the vehicle our own. Some things that I'll be looking for will be how to add a 2nd display, where/how to carry a spare tire, adding grab bars for ease of entry/exit, and possible addition of side-steps.

This will be an interesting journey - let's all enjoy it together!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Elon and Tesla kind of lost track of the affordable part when they started adding four wheel steering, four motors, hardware four, heated/ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and such along with a Baja capable air suspension. CT could have been affordable if built like a truck...simple and rugged, but it has become more like an armored model S. I'm cool with it, but it is going to be expensive.
Heated steering and seats are standard in 3/Y. Hardware 4 will be standard in the 3/Y.
Air suspension was in the original prototype.
Motors beyond two were in the launch price. Next gen FSD was in the launch.

So that leaves ventilated seats and four wheel steering. Ventilated seats means they can have longer range without as much battery. Four wheel steering means they can have more cargo/towing capacity with lower suspension and stiffening.

All these things do come back around. The price range could be wide - I don't see any reason to not have a Model X like version, but... Why would Elon keep saying it has to be affordable if they weren't making an affordable version?

-Crissa

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
...Because the thread is 'aftermarket products' not 'consolidated pricing thread'.

-Crissa
There were 5 posts before mine on pricing which I was relating to, but thanks for the warning officer 😉

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I bought only used cars until the price of the new car I wanted was about 1% of my savings.
Wow. That's... I want savings equal to 100x the cost of a new car x-x

But my used cars eventually start costing maintenance like a new car would cost, so...

-Crissa

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
But my used cars eventually start costing maintenance like a new car would cost, so...
One of the reasons I'm fascinated by eBikes and cargo bikes these days.

Pinion (brand) gearing plus Gates carbon belt drive, and you get low maintenance, no insurance or registration fees, and built in exercise for getting the groceries!
Sponsored