Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/musk-dinner-with-the-snl-team-in-new-york

Elon Musk Dines with SNL Team in New York, Attracts Huge Crowd of Fans

May 5, 2021

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk Dines with SNL Team and Pays Particular Attention to Scale Cybertruck 1_b55c96f7-b927-47eb-a220-bc78954ca32a_600x600

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk Dines with SNL Team and Pays Particular Attention to Scale Cybertruck 0_37642418-6d67-4b1d-959f-6577cc696c7c_600x600

Tesla/SpaceX CEO Elon Musk and his girlfriend Grimes hanged out with actors and producers of Saturday Night Live at a restaurant in New York. Unsurprisingly, this attracted quite a crowd of fans. The dinner took place ahead of his debut hosting SNL this weekend.

On May 4, Elon Musk and his girlfriend were joined by a host of SNL stars and producers including Pete Davidson, Colin Jost, Kenan Thompson, Ego Nwodim and Chloe Fineman for a relaxed and fun evening. They dined at Il Gattopardo Italian restaurant, just a few blocks from SNL studio in Manhattan's Midtown neighborhood.

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk Dines with SNL Team and Pays Particular Attention to Scale Cybertruck 6_79cc18e7-1300-4cad-bdd1-8c3b6e910c9b_600x600

Musk fans thronged him outside the restaurant and ended up getting several autographs. One of the unusual items that was signed is a large Cybertruck model that seems to have sparked interest even from Musk himself.

On April 24, it was announced that Musk is invited to host the popular, American late-night live television sketch comedy and variety show created by Lorne Michaels and developed by Dick Ebersol — Saturday Night Live — on May 8. Miley Cyrus will, not for the first time, be a musical guest on it.

Musk differs from most leaders in his very good sense of humor. In addition to his often funny tweets and memes, all of his companies are permeated with humor. Tesla is constantly bringing various, funny novelties to its cars through software updates, such as Fart Mode, Easter eggs, funny horns, etc. SpaceX is also full of humor. For example, when delivering raptors (engines for Starship rockets), they often arrive with cardboards with funny inscriptions on them. Also worth noting is his tunnel drilling company, which is called The Boring Company.

There is no doubt that Musk will be an excellent host of Saturday Night Live and will attract an unusually high number of views. The day after the official announcement, he began teasing fans with his debut on the show.

Cast members Michael Che and Pete Davidson have since publicly expressed excitement over Musk hosting. “He's the richest man in the world, how could you not be excited for that?,” Che told Late Night with Seth Myers. “That guy's a genius. I don't know why people are freaking out. They're like, ‘I can't believe that Elon Musk is hosting.’ And I'm like, ‘The guy that makes the Earth better kind of, makes cool things and sends people to Mars?,’” said Davidson.
Sponsored

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I want Elon to do either a Space-Pants remix or the Computer song Beck and Paul Rudd did. Or something with Will Ferrell. It'd be funny to see if Elon breaks character. Or an Elon vs Bezos skit with Bezos played by Beck or Andy Samberg

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I wonder if they're gonna have Elon smoke a spleef? There goes the stock value for a day or two.

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
You can be sure the media will take something that was supposed to be a funny joke and turn it into something that supposedly reflects negatively on Elon and/or Tesla.
I would expect nothing less of terrible media. Its so bad, I dont even watch the news anymore!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I think you missed the point when you suggested someone might be thin-skinned..

The subject was not comedy, it was how the news media might report on Elon's appearance on a comedy show. Specifically, how the MSM might use his appearance on SNL to make Elon (and by extension, Tesla) seem distasteful or oddball when all it really was was light-hearted comedy.

It has nothing to do with comedy and everything to do with creating a false impression of who Elon Musk is.

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
Go Doge-father!!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I think you missed the point when you suggested someone might be thin-skinned..

The subject was not comedy, it was how the news media might report on Elon's appearance on a comedy show. Specifically, how the MSM might use his appearance on SNL to make Elon (and by extension, Tesla) seem distasteful or oddball when all it really was was light-hearted comedy.

It has nothing to do with comedy and everything to do with creating a false impression of who Elon Musk is.
After anal retentive, jacked up Mega serious SteveJobs for over a decade, Elon Musk is a breath of fresh air. Still ûber intellectual yet relaxed, humorous and unguarded in public he is welcomed whether barefoot, joint smoking or SNL; Elon is one for the ages.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
You can be sure the media will take something that was supposed to be a funny joke and turn it into something that supposedly reflects negatively on Elon and/or Tesla.
Full disclosure, I do not know a ton about Elon and I am probably much more conservative than most on here.

Can someone help me understand the anticipated negative reaction to Musk being on SNL? The entertainment industry and SNL are historically left leaning, so I assume they would be in love with the biggest pioneer behind EVs and other cutting edge environmentally friendly technology. Why the anticipated hatred? Maybe because he is uber rich and a successful businessman? Did I miss him doing something more controversial than goofily smoking weed on a podcast? Is this an attempt to manufacture interest in the airing? I must be missing something.
Sponsored