Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
On a truck, that will look cool.

Nothing stopping you from shining it back up! Even sinks can be resurfaced.

-Crissa
I know i have done it a number of times on my sink. It gets a mirror finish when you do. The problem is that unlike waxing a car, once you turn one little spot into a mirror like finish, you have to refinish the whole damn thing. ?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Or maybe the Roadster/CT/Semi are 48v as they are on new platforms. But the things to keep in mind are what uses the 12v/48v rails.. Lights, phone chargers, MCU, airbags, seat retentions, radio, breaks, etc.. If all are made in house then they may be able to be engineered to 48v. But if any, just one are outsourced then they are most likely 12v.

Keep in mind that I say 12v, I really mean 12v/24v. As many of these devices can handle both voltages due to being used in cars and diesel trucks. Next time your light shopping you will see that on the back many of the lights say 12v/24v. Also look at you Cig lighter accessories, they will say the same. Some do not, but if you open them up you will see the input power rail uses a 32v smoothing cap.

Anyway, as Elon mentioned in the interview the new Model S will be using a Lithium 12v instead of lead acid. I am curious if that will be a 3S or a 4S battery...
Based on what he said in the interview, 48volt is not here yet, thus I don't see it being in the CyberTruck.
Sponsored