Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The Semi does not use the standard tesla plug. The chargers will be incompatible. They are currently using a special box to gang 2 regular super chargers into 1 semi charger

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk teases ‘lots of improvements’ for the production Cybertruck tesla port

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk teases ‘lots of improvements’ for the production Cybertruck tesla-semi-charger-1
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Last edited:

Qmann

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Feeder DRIVER
Country flag
teslas Achilles heel in this is the already existing supercharger network. It is costly to keep upgrading these units. Sure other manufacturers will offer their vehicles with 350w charging, but where will you actually charge them? Unless they are also going to invest millions in a charging network like Tesla has, it will be moot. Your home charger wont be that fast, nor will it need to be.
I was just saying that same thing to my wife last night when the hummer commercial came on, they were so eager to push the hummer to come out before the cybertruck good luck GMC... There going to need adapters and who are they going to use supercharging stations made by Tesla

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I can almost guarantee the CT will come standard with Tesla’s outstanding HEPA filter and Bioweapon Defense Mode. It goes along with Elon’s apocalypse ready theme for the vehicle.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
When I first heard about EM's comment my first thoughts were:
1) He will most likely attempt to have the CT match the 6" of air suspension travel that the Hummer is claiming. This is something that should be able to be accomplished without altering the truck architecture all that much.
2) Minor changes that won't effect the overall price and design of the truck are certain. Changes that will affect the overall price/architecture won't happen. Meaning that I don't envision the "crab" or "tank" steering will happen. Adding additional steering components and support to the rear wheels will add substantial weight and cost to the CT. But, something like adding a fifth wheel support in the center of the bed should be doable.

I think lots of features will be added as relates to the cab/bed of the truck - access and air conditioning for the rear bed with the cover down, potentially a spare tire option for under the bed, etc.

Unless one is a off roader - the tank/crab feature is not super important. I don't know a single person with a vehicle with those options among my work truck/pleasure truck friends/acquaintances. Sure, it would be cool. But, for a daily driver and work truck that is just more crap to eventually break down and need repair.

The Hummer IMHO was all gimmick/toy and no truck - too small of a bed for plywood, range too small for hauling trailers (unless, GM can use someone's really fast charging network), too much stuff to break down (extra suspension/crab walk components), too expensive. It is a great toy for those who want to replace a high end luxury vehicle or an off road capable truck.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
When I first heard about EM's comment my first thoughts were:
1) He will most likely attempt to have the CT match the 6" of air suspension travel that the Hummer is claiming. This is something that should be able to be accomplished without altering the truck architecture all that much.
2) Minor changes that won't effect the overall price and design of the truck are certain. Changes that will affect the overall price/architecture won't happen. Meaning that I don't envision the "crab" or "tank" steering will happen. Adding additional steering components and support to the rear wheels will add substantial weight and cost to the CT. But, something like adding a fifth wheel support in the center of the bed should be doable.

I think lots of features will be added as relates to the cab/bed of the truck - access and air conditioning for the rear bed with the cover down, potentially a spare tire option for under the bed, etc.

Unless one is a off roader - the tank/crab feature is not super important. I don't know a single person with a vehicle with those options among my work truck/pleasure truck friends/acquaintances. Sure, it would be cool. But, for a daily driver and work truck that is just more crap to eventually break down and need repair.

The Hummer IMHO was all gimmick/toy and no truck - too small of a bed for plywood, range too small for hauling trailers (unless, GM can use someone's really fast charging network), too much stuff to break down (extra suspension/crab walk components), too expensive. It is a great toy for those who want to replace a high end luxury vehicle or an off road capable truck.
The one thing I do like about the Hummer EV that the CT doesn't have is the 4 wheel steering. I don't care about crab walk, but 4 wheel steering could really improve driving dynamics and trailering. It's not a deal breaker if it doesn't come with it, but it would be a nice to have.

Timmo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
If your thinking about adding the FSD option do it now. The option will increase by $2k on Monday. Tesla will charge a healthy $10k for the pleasure of stress free driving.
Love this concept of FSD , I purchased the FSD option at $7000.00 during initial release and reservation day .Looks to be a smart move. I’m roughly 14000 in line to receive my truck . If it takes 3 to 4 more years to production , I’m fine with that . Technology increases over time !!

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
The one thing I do like about the Hummer EV that the CT doesn't have is the 4 wheel steering. I don't care about crab walk, but 4 wheel steering could really improve driving dynamics and trailering. It's not a deal breaker if it doesn't come with it, but it would be a nice to have.
Yes, sir. It would be convenient. It would even help with PARKING - A LOT! The architecture for four wheel steering and "Crab" would be almost the same - so, if they do one then the other would just be a software addition.

But, the way Tesla does things is to produce vehicles with limited options for a more streamlined production line. This means that if they put that in one CT it would most likely be in all of them. And, that added weight/cost would change the final numbers. For the majority of users it won't be all that important. This is why I don't think we'll see that happen for the CT - but, considering that EM does not like to be "one-upped" anything is possible!

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, this is really ideal news. This means they're pretty much going to improve and re-improve Cybertruck until they deliver me mine!!! Yeah it's taking way too long, but hell, it's getting better and better. Since the unveil, Elon has changed it to have better suspension, ka-zillion mile battery, built-in compressor, life's good!
yea....I am ~45,000, tri-motor......~15000 for type.....wonder what I will get

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Love this concept of FSD , I purchased the FSD option at $7000.00 during initial release and reservation day .Looks to be a smart move. I’m roughly 14000 in line to receive my truck . If it takes 3 to 4 more years to production , I’m fine with that . Technology increases over time !!
True, but at what point does the hardware not be able to meet the software demand? Then what happens? Some early model S owners can tell you about this one :)

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Electrify America, PlugShare and EVgo and others are building out their networks. You would be surprised how many DC fast chargers are available now. Given the surge of interest in EV's lately and the news there is of charging stations being built/planned by 2022 there will be even more.

Electrify America network
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.12.10 PM.png
In NYS, NYPA has begun building a network of high powered chargers. 50 miles apart https://www.nypa.gov/services/clean-energy-advisory-services/evolve-ny

Treddle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen
Occupation
Commercial Driver
Country flag
Will the FSD still work with a 80” snow blade mounted on the front of the CT? Wouldn’t it be great if while people cleared the sidewalks the CT cleared the parking lot using FSD!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Will the FSD still work with a 80” snow blade mounted on the front of the CT? Wouldn’t it be great if while people cleared the sidewalks the CT cleared the parking lot using FSD!

YES!!!. Cybertruck as RoboSnowPlow would be so cool
Sponsored