Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From what I can tell Terafactory Austin is unique compared to Giga Shanghai and Giga Berlin.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The mods changed the title for some reason. But it works.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Geez, Robert Reich?

During this spring he petitioned to stop the construction of townhomes in his neighborhood to save a not-very historical house.

The developer did deserve sanctions for cutting trees early, but the house wasn't any more historical than others in town.

-Crissa

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I simply cannot wait to see this building finally finished. I have been obsessed with large factories since I was in college. In fact my final semester my project was a massive sustainable factory. Tesla making this place have an area open to the public is something we don't see very much of in the United States. From a design perspective I think its going to be beautiful, not so much the factory itself will look beautiful, but the concept.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I simply cannot wait to see this building finally finished. I have been obsessed with large factories since I was in college. In fact my final semester my project was a massive sustainable factory. Tesla making this place have an area open to the public is something we don't see very much of in the United States. From a design perspective I think its going to be beautiful, not so much the factory itself will look beautiful, but the concept.
Coming from an Architect that's impressive. Elon has big plans for this factory I believe and expansion won't be that far off, once he get's a firm idea how well the CT and Semi sells.

And they will be making Tesla's new battery there. It's going to be quite an operation to behold!

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Coming from an Architect that's impressive. Elon has big plans for this factory I believe and expansion won't be that far off, once he get's a firm idea how well the CT and Semi sells.

And they will be making Tesla's new battery there. It's going to be quite an operation to behold!
Right? Think about it too.. How often have you been able to go hangout and enjoy nature.. near a giant factory?? One of the Few projects I can think of is B.I.G's Copen Hill power plant in Copenhagen (LOOK HERE) Just IMAGINE how awesome this must be! Obviously we wont be skiing down the Terafactory.. but the possibilities are endless.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Right? Think about it too.. How often have you been able to go hangout and enjoy nature.. near a giant factory?? One of the Few projects I can think of is B.I.G's Copen Hill power plant in Copenhagen (LOOK HERE) Just IMAGINE how awesome this must be! Obviously we wont be skiing down the Terafactory.. but the possibilities are endless.
That link was righteous! Travis county should pay Tesla for turning that used up sand pit - which made that land unusable - into a productive factory employing thousands people and restoring the rest of the property back to a more natural landscape.

Bigsur345

Banned
Banned
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
I am looking forward to a road trip to check out the factory! I just watched yet another video of the site (this one from Jeff) and it is really very impressive. Cannot wait!
Good luck ... see my post of them last week erroneously thinking they are cops and try to kick me off the wide shoulder of the public road next to one of the construction areas

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, the renderings of Berlin show a visitor's center, so we'll see. Fremont is cramped and Nevada is... Messy.

There sure have been alot of people who want to pick up at the factory, though!

Apple learned to make a flagship store and amphitheater, too.

-Crissa