First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With Ford's track record of electrical problems, the last thing I would buy from them is an electric vehicle.
I thought Jaguar had the electrical problems.........
Advertisement

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think they are ignoring not just Musk‘s word, but the fairly public struggles Tesla went through scaling up.
Sandy Munro said in one of his videos that Elon failed to hire the right people(experienced in production) in manufacturing and could have avoided some of those problems Tesla had scaling up.

Not sure if Rivian has hired the experienced people needed in production.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Sandy Munro said in one of his videos that Elon failed to hire the right people(experienced in production) in manufacturing and could have avoided some of those problems Tesla had scaling up.

Not sure if Rivian has hired the experienced people needed in production.
Oddly, Musk suggested manufacturing is one of Teslas strengths now. Baptism by fire? I certainly thing some of the things they have done to simplify manufacturing have been inspired since the Model 3.

I think the Cybertrucks design is a direct result of frustrations of the Model 3 launch.

Rivian having Ford as an investors shroud have some help here.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I'm eyeing the Jeep Wrangler BEV which is supposedly coming. Before getting my Model 3 I was a die-hard Jeep nut. If it's available before the CT I may jump to that.
the jeep BEV has been coming for years. I had a lifted 4 door Wrangler and really enjoyed it - but the CT is my next ride.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I rode in a Ford Lightning last week at a Ford Ride event. Lower performance? The acceleration was crazy fast. You do not need to go faster than 4 seconds 0-60 in a full size pickup. Combing over the Lightnings they had there for us to check out Ford they did a nice job designing that truck. Great frunk, tons of electric outlets, a really nice, usable truck bed. They will sell everyone they make...especially to buyers that want a full sized pickup that looks like a "normal" pickup.
lower performance as in lesser software, no charging infrastructure, Yes it has inferior specs too. but hey if you want that traditional brick look, do what floats your boat.

Hunter71294

First Name
Hunter
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
I'm not surprised, but I was hoping it would come sooner. Hopefully full on production will happen quickly. I can't wait to have a truck that can go 0-60 in 3 secs, tow 14k, and drive itself. Those are insane stats and I doubt anyone else will be competitive for a few years at the least.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Rivians, Rivians, hmm … nope no Rivians, Bezos wants his vans first. How’s that again? Lucid, nope no Lucids, I heard Mrs Rawlinson called him inside when the street lights came on. 😂 Face it, we’re all in this together.
I can tell you.. Lucid is coming. Hard and fast. The showroom and service center build out timelines are extremely aggressive.

Not saying they will out do Tesla by any means, but its exciting.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I can tell you.. Lucid is coming. Hard and fast. The showroom and service center build out timelines are extremely aggressive.

Not saying they will out do Tesla by any means, but its exciting.
Lucid and Rivian both have to figure out volume production. They both have to secure large quantities of batteries. They both have to figure out profiting on cars under $80k…

Going from a couple dozen cars built to tens of thousands is a huge effort.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Lucid and Rivian both have to figure out volume production. They both have to secure large quantities of batteries. They both have to figure out profiting on cars under $80k…

Going from a couple dozen cars built to tens of thousands is a huge effort.
Lucid seems to have pretty achievable goals as far as production. Rivian is interesting in that, as mentioned above, they are already producing vehicles for Amazon.

I really want both of these companies to succeed. OEMs clearly need to be more shaken than Just having Tesla on the map.... when are NIO and Xpeng arriving? haha.

David Bolden

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This sucks. Wonder how many people will jump to F 150 Lightning due to the wait. I'm sure several.
Well I'm mad after over two years now don't even see my order number and I did write it down but it used to be on the website and now nothing at all? Who do I get in contact with even?

David Bolden

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elon says Cybertruck and Semi will be in production end of 2022 and volume production in 2023
What fo you do when you login and no longer even see the order number you have over two years is now not there anymore? I did write my number down?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well I'm mad after over two years now don't even see my order number and I did write it down but it used to be on the website and now nothing at all? Who do I get in contact with even?
There's no one currently to get a hold of. But you have the name and email that you registered with, right?

Are you able to follow these instructions? https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...from-the-cybertruck-reservation-website.3991/
If you are missing your email or account, the reservation may not be matched to your account.

-Crissa

Advertisement

Advertisement