Elon Talks Economy, Possible Discounting, Demand Issues, Stock Sales, and TSLA on on Twitter Spaces

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I like how you think, however it does not make it better for me at 62 and 40 years of working and all of my pension money paying for all my bills. The cycle for me is another 10 to 30 years at the most and the "cycle" will be over for me with perhaps no CT and more pain. I am still thankful with my old ICE truck... I am not changing any of my Tesla investment positions. Perhaps my for children and two grandchild will enjoy most of it.
If it was me and I had Tesla stock, which I don't, I would hold it, there's no doubt it will go up at some point, because the company is well placed and is a innovation carrier, meaning they are capable of changing to operate in the market. They are also more vertically integrated which means they don't suffer the same issues that other manufacturers do, that rely on third-party parts suppliers that can vary the prices at any time.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Its too bad there isn’t a “What does this have to do with anything I said?” Reaction emoji because this would be the perfect time to use it.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Its too bad there isn’t a “What does this have to do with anything I said?” Reaction emoji because this would be the perfect time to use it.
In Canada there is a Tax Free Saving Account (TFSA). This year it is $6,500. It is cumulative. I am noy sure what the US is doing about this idea. TFSAs can be used to buy stocks. If the stock goes way up you do not have to pay tax on them when you get them out. See here for more if you live in Canada. Contributions - Canada.ca

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am thinking Elon might be able to save Twitter and make it profitable. I would never under estimate Elon, based on what he has been able to do so far. However, I do not plan to invest in Twitter.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, I am seriously considering. But like they say, you do not want to catch a falling knife. The big question is when... 2023 could be a long year.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk likely paid very little tax on the Twitter funds because he was taxed on the gains when the options were granted to him at around $1000/ share. (When the grant happened he was taxed on the value of the shares) It’s possible he has a huge loss he can carry forward to offset future gains.

I’m not a tax accountant though.

Somehow I think Musk doesn’t worry overmuch about losing a billion here or there.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In Canada there is a Tax Free Saving Account (TFSA). This year it is $6,500. It is cumulative. I am noy sure what the US is doing about this idea. TFSAs can be used to buy stocks. If the stock goes way up you do not have to pay tax on them when you get them out. See here for more if you live in Canada. Contributions - Canada.ca
In the US it’s called an IRA. Very similar situation I think except when we retire we have crappier healthcare.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
No, I was not in the market for a new car (Tesla or otherwise) in 2019. I only wanted to reserve the CT. I was fine with the multi year wait.. better chance to buy with cash or at least a big down-payment.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Didn’t mean to sound so dismissive. You are correct. I genuinely didn’t quite connect what you said with what I said originally. I think Musk has a solid chance of pulling Twitter out of the fires, but it feels like he’s dragging the rest of us through the coals to do it.
Sponsored