Elon: The most important Tesla product this year is............

finiata

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07' TBSS, 72' Corvette, 05' LS3RX8, 01' LS1MX5
Occupation
Telecommunications Infrastructure Manager
Country flag
That earnings call was less than stellar and pretty much a waste of everyone's time that was looking for CT updates. At this point it's pretty obvious they will not ne producing it for the next few years at best and I'm leaning towards 5 years out. Being what the truck market is I find it odd but I think they just don't have it figured out. I'm going to cancel my order and put it into stock lol. By the time they actually come out it should be a much better down payment.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That earnings call was less than stellar and pretty much a waste of everyone's time that was looking for CT updates. At this point it's pretty obvious they will not ne producing it for the next few years at best and I'm leaning towards 5 years out. Being what the truck market is I find it odd but I think they just don't have it figured out. I'm going to cancel my order and put it into stock lol. By the time they actually come out it should be a much better down payment.
Why five years from now?

-Crissa

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
How do you get that from Elon saying that the Cybertruck has to be affordable?

-Crissa
I guess it's open to interpretation. I listened to him say it and what i took from it is that they were struggling to keep it affordable. It didn't sound like he was trying to reassure us that the prices would stay as previously quoted. It's just the feeling i got from his tone.

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
Sounds like Tesla is doing awesome but there was no good news for us who care about ct. It was like they wanted to put the quarterly "give us an update on ct, semi, roadster" questions to bed for a whole year. I'm discouraged. The whole landscape it going to be different by the time ct shows up. IMO, it's going to cost more, Tesla isn't going to give us fsd for $7k, in fact by that time i predict they won't even sell fsd, only pay by the month or mile.

I hope i'm wrong

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Sounds like Tesla is doing awesome but there was no good news for us who care about ct. It was like they wanted to put the quarterly "give us an update on ct, semi, roadster" questions to bed for a whole year. I'm discouraged. The whole landscape it going to be different by the time ct shows up. IMO, it's going to cost more, Tesla isn't going to give us fsd for $7k, in fact by that time i predict they won't even sell fsd, only pay by the month or mile.

I hope i'm wrong

Tesla cemented their EV lead so much it’s not even worth Elon’s time to talk about it. It’s done, doors shut, mic dropped last year and anyone with half a brain cell left knows that…..clearly that’s not the majority. Elon is onto his ultimate mission of saving humanity! Truly inspirational!

I stopped listening to the earning report after CT bad news to pour myself some “remedy”. As much as I hate what I heard it makes a lot of sense. They have SO much going on with 2 new factories it’s mind blowing, we are just so use to they pulling off miracles with model 3 and Y. But with supply chain issues and price of stainless steel or more importantly nickel shortage for batteries and Starship production the CT sadly has to wait, there simply isn’t enough Nickel currently to go around. As sad as the situation is I’m happy to wait and support the greatest human being and company of my lifetime!

#LonglivesElon

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
Tesla cemented their EV lead so much it’s not even worth Elon’s time to talk about it. It’s done, doors shut, mic dropped last year and anyone with half a brain cell left knows that…..clearly that’s not the majority. Elon is onto his ultimate mission of saving humanity! Truly inspirational!

I stopped listening to the earning report after CT bad news to pour myself some “remedy”. As much as I hate what I heard it makes a lot of sense. They have SO much going on with 2 new factories it’s mind blowing, we are just so use to they pulling off miracles with model 3 and Y. But with supply chain issues and price of stainless steel or more importantly nickel shortage for batteries and Starship production the CT sadly has to wait, there simply isn’t enough Nickel currently to go around. As sad as the situation is I’m happy to wait and support the greatest human being and company of my lifetime!

#LonglivesElon
Agreed except for cell limited, they say they are chip limited for 2022. My guess is they will be cell limited in 2023 though.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why would you expect this year to be any different from last year, or the year before that, or....
I’ve been watching feedback on the beta and it is massively better than it has ever been.

Good enough where I would use it as a driver assist which I think it was largely worthless as for a long time.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it this year, but that has little to do with Musk’s comments and a lot to do with actual visible progress.

Ev_Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
He announced it scaling to new factories are the priority. From a new product availability perspective full self driving is his focus. Profitability and achieving their mission seem to have taken the forefront

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Due to the overwhelming success of the Model 3 and Model Y, Tesla understands the importance of a great product at a reasonable price point for volume selling. They are making great profits and they did that with literally zero marketing which is a huge expense for other auto manufacturers. We are their marketing department.

By way of it's simplicity/economy of design and revolutionary manufacturing process, the CT will address the huge US truck market and make a major impact. The M3 and MY were both massively successful test cases. I have no doubt Tesla understands this simple yet difficult formula for success I'm confident they will produce another great product at a reasonable price point and sustain the momentum.

The waiting IS the hardest part ...
Sponsored

Last edited: