Elon: The most important Tesla product this year is............

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Some will be shocked at the increase.
There are a lot of people on this site expecting a large increase in price. So I don’t think many will be shocked. In fact the opposite. I expect many people will be shocked when the price does NOT go up.

He never promised when. As far as I know he’s always delivered on his promises. Just isn’t good at hitting expected timelines. There’s a subtle but distinct difference between under delivering, and delivering late.

edit: fixed typo

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Projecting much? Why are you on this forum, you clearly don’t get what Elon is talking about. Is horse buggy forum a bit lonely?

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Doesn't take much for the rats to desert the ship Good riddance!, I'll get mine sooner... or later :cool:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
How do you get that from Elon saying that the Cybertruck has to be affordable?

-Crissa
I knew he was letting "us" down easy when he said the CT was in engineering.... that truck's been in development for more than 2 years. He revealed the CT in 2019, but they obviously had been working on it long enough to build a prototype for testing.

He flat out said that there's no advantage to releasing the CT. Model Y is the bird in hand in a market handicapped by semiconductors.

They can sell more Model Ys in 2022 than CTs for more profit, and that's the bottom line.

I get it, it's business.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
vertically landing rockets, mass battery power storage and the death knell of the ICE industry isn't the case?? maybe you don't appreciate what he's achieved in multiple diverse ventures.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon: We’re trying to keep costs down.
*Trying* is key here.

How that turns into a massive price increase is beyond me.
I reread my post and didn't see "massive". My meaning when I said "shocked at the increase" was to those who expect the price to be the same as was perviously quoted on the Tesla Cybertruck web page.

There will be an increase in price, it's inevitable.

Nickel has seen a dramatic rise in price which is a component in the 4680 cells AND a key component in 304 stainless steel(8%), the 30x used in CT may have more/less than 8% nickel.

Lithium is also rising in price. I suspect semiconductor chips will be higher as well.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I reread my post and didn't see "massive". My meaning when I said "shocked at the increase" was to those who expect the price to be the same as was perviously quoted on the Tesla Cybertruck web page.
By the time the car is released, it’ll be 3.5 - 4 years from launch.

Tesla has had no prices on the site for months already. They don’t even have configurations and everything we’ve heard suggests they are taking things in a bit of a different direction.

The only way anyone is going to be “Shocked” is if the price increases are quite large.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only way anyone is going to be “Shocked” is if the price increases are quite large.
Wrong! I've seen people "shocked" when a hamburger joint raises their price by 00.10 cents.

Some people will be "shocked" at any price increase.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I did get a laugh out of autonomous driving "this year".
Why would you expect this year to be any different from last year, or the year before that, or....
Sponsored