Ever wonder how Cyber truck owners will be bullied on the road? [Locked due to politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Sea level rise at long island is RIGHT NOW 2-4 mm per year and you can extrapolate that yourself to 2100, because the decrease of ice sheet thickness (land only of course, high precision satellite data, check climate.nasa.gov) is quite linear.
Sea level rise is not only driven by melting ice. Warmer water is bigger than colder water.
Sponsored

`AquaWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 RAM 1500,Tesla Model Y , !971SS Camaro,
Country flag
You really think all sea front property is at sea level?

And that it'll all be gone given a one-foot rise in the sea?

-Crissa
Sea level varies due to tides, winds and gravity. High Tides vary greatly around the globe but over all sea level doesn’t vary as greatly as people say.
Because the ocean is continuous body of water it strives to be at one level. Factors can effect it some but by inches. Not feet

Sea level rise at long island is RIGHT NOW 2-4 mm per year and you can extrapolate that yourself to 2100, because the decrease of ice sheet thickness (land only of course, high precision satellite data, check climate.nasa.gov) is quite linear.
I grew up on the water here. The house my Uncle owned on a canal was built in the 1940s. It is still here today.80 years later and the high tide mark is the same.
there are photos of the Statue of Liberty being erected on Liberty Island. Circa 1886. That was almost 140 years ago.High tide marks are the same.

I believe the climate change hysteria is blown out of proportion and is a way for some to gain more power and to get rich. As well as to push political agendas.
I am sick and tired of climate change billionaires flying around in their private jets telling people they have to cut back on their carbon footprint.
That doesn’t mean I don‘t care about pollution nor think we shouldn’t continue to develop better renewables . It means that I think its being over done and dishonest people are using it to their own ends

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
...It means that I think its being over done and dishonest people are using it to their own ends
For sure going back to the Hockey Stick Curve of way back when which was blatantly dishonest as anyone familiar with principle components analysis quickly observed. But of course the problem is that relatively few are familiar with PCA and so the public is easily duped by the scoundrels that used this curve to advance their political careers.

Nonetheless more CO2 in the atmosphere can't be better than less, electric cars are better than ICE cars in almost every way imaginable (except fueling speed) and nuclear, windmills and PV arrays are much niftier ways of generating electricity than coal and gas plants.

TexasTesla

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
How can you like tech if you don't believe empirical science?

C'mon, you don't have to personally do anything about it, just not stand in the way. ^-^

-Crissa
I admire your post, but you’ll never change my opinion on this one. ?

TexasTesla

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
To avoid WW3 on a subject that has two sides, lets discuss what we can agree on. Everyone on the planet will be driving an EV. I drive mine for it's high tech, and costs savings. Since Oct. 2020, I've saved over $2300 dollars in fuel and oil changes. I installed solar, and the largest bill I've incurred is $55 dollars thus far. We'll see what the really hot months bring. Economically, EV's and solar make sense. Have a nice 4th of July ;)

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
What you call science, I call propaganda. It’s called “weather” ?
Wasn't it the same "guy" a few years ago that stated he "invented" the internet that also wanted to set up a "Carbon Bank"? You see if you produced so many units of carbon and of course the bank sets up the rules, you just pay a fine into the bank and all your sins are absolved, sound familiar? I think he also sold real estate in the Everglades on the side. Kind of like he was some sort of Carbon God Father.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I grew up on the water here. The house my Uncle owned on a canal was built in the 1940s. It is still here today.80 years later and the high tide mark is the same.
there are photos of the Statue of Liberty being erected on Liberty Island. Circa 1886. That was almost 140 years ago.High tide marks are the same.
You're lying to us and yourself.
https://longislandsoundstudy.net/ecosystem-target-indicators/sea-level-trends-for-kings-point/

According to you... my common sense and eyes, plus 63yrs on the planet believe otherwise ?
Use your eyes. Your 'common sense' seems like intentional ignorance.

https://greensourcedfw.org/articles/climate-change-affecting-texas-native-plants-says-prof

-Crissa

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Apparently we have another 8m to go to exceed the levels of 125,000 years ago, then sea levels swung the other way down to 130m below what they are today. To me, this makes sense as divers are finding ancient ruins (perhaps beachfront at the time I suppose) submerged near the shores.

"Approximately 125,000 years ago, the sea level was approximately 8 meters higher than it is today. This was during the Sangamonian Interglacial, the last time the north polar ice cap completely melted. After this peak in sea level, ice returned to the planet. And the Wisconsinan Glacial period followed between 80,000 and 20,000 years ago when a glacial maximum, and sea level low stand (more than 130 m lower than today) took place."

Source:
https://www.e-education.psu.edu/earth107/node/1496

Fascinating stuff.

Back on topic. I highly doubt the Cybertruck will be bullied. It just doesn't fit the usual mold of an EV.

Last edited:

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
Like this?

-Crissa
Haha this is pretty funny and I know he is pretty far out but some of his shit on Gaia is pretty on point....
Everything with a grain of salt eh?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Haha this is pretty funny and I know he is pretty far out but some of his shit on Gaia is pretty on point....
Everything with a grain of salt eh?
Guy can spin a good story. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong, tho. But uhh, Wilcock's record is not so great on the accuracy front ^-^

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Sea level varies due to tides, winds and gravity. High Tides vary greatly around the globe but over all sea level doesn’t vary as greatly as people say.
Because the ocean is continuous body of water it strives to be at one level. Factors can effect it some but by inches. Not feet

I believe the climate change hysteria is blown out of proportion and is a way for some to gain more power and to get rich. As well as to push political agendas.
I am sick and tired of climate change billionaires flying around in their private jets telling people they have to cut back on their carbon footprint.
That doesn’t mean I don‘t care about pollution nor think we shouldn’t continue to develop better renewables . It means that I think its being over done and dishonest people are using it to their own ends
talk to nations directly affected to the seas, like Holland or the Pacific islands. they'll tell you firsthand you are incorrect . your reference for example to the photo of the statue of liberty as your belief is fraught with issues.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.