Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It would be even higher if Tesla was able to keep up with demand.

Also, it's likely June was higher than July due to Tesla's end of quarter push.

Addendum:

According to that chart, Toyota has the second highest market share. This tells me the chart is likely including PHEVs so the real numbers are likely a bit lower.

DallasEd

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV Ninja
Occupation
Structure Engineer Boeing
Country flag
That is with only 2 factories next year would signal ICE is dead. 30-40%
1 year
Tesla provides a sub $25,000 Model S (key low cost blade LFP) 60-80%
2 years
Los Angles air is now clean would be when there are no ICE cars. 99%
5 years
Medical problems like cancer gone. Longevity would increase to 120+ years. 100%
10 years
We then could see the crazy medical problems we had sucking up burning fossil fuel.
Last
We would shut down all fossil fuel power generation. Amendment Felony for burning of any fossil fuel
Keeping coal and oil in the ground where it is safe.
Fossil Fuel Police Force.

Last edited:

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
That is with only 2 factories next year 30-40% would signal ICE is dead.
1 year
Tesla provides a sub $25,000 Model S (key low cost blade LFP) 60-80%
2 years
Los Angles air is now clean would be when there are no ICE cars. 99%
5 years
Medical problems like cancer gone. Longevity would increase to 120+ years. 100%
10 years
We then could see the crazy medical problems we had sucking up burning fossil fuel.
Last
We would shut down all fossil fuel power generation. Amendment Felony burning of any fossil fuel
Many more lives could be saved by banning mobile phones and alcohol instead of banning fuel so don’t forget to add phone usage and drinking to the new list of felonies. I’m just thinking of what would we could ban that would end up saving the most lives which we can all agree is the end point of criminalizing diesel. Drinking and texting are in no way essential for farmers, truck drivers, or everyday people to live their lives so let’s crusade against the alcohol and phones first since they are the bigger killers and then we can concentrate fully on the fossil fuel side of preventable deaths. Before you know it we could have nearly all unpopular or dangerous activities banned with the threat of prison.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Imagine…. Your setting on your zero at a stoplight when the kid driving a jeep is texting on his phone and fails to stop before hitting you. Fact is, it happened to me just like that. I was on a Harley SG and sustained injuries that will never heal. Cellphone are dangerous and alcohol is worse.
20 bucks or whatever it is for first offense is clearly INSANE.

One thing about motorcyclists that you do not have to ask them to do Pappy is to imagine a worse outcome. You know this. We are on two wheels, trust me, i prepare for the worst and hope for the best when I throw my leg over my ride. I also learn from my rides each and every time and intersections are 1 killer. Whenever I approach an intersection even stopping at an intersection, I’m always super focused. Does not mean I’m going to be ok though. If you throw your leg over a bike thinking rainbows and butterflies I’d be very nervous to ride with that person. ummm it’s the truth.
So Im confused. I ride a Harley as well and hmmmm,
I think Crissa is saying that phones don’t kill people. I’m using mine now and I’m breathing. Still doing fine. So, let’s bring this back to perspective. Are you saying that phones kill people? Please help
Me understand. Also, I am always seeing texters when I’m on a ride. Like mind blown. ? ALWAYS!
Now, I have a decision to make. Do I continue riding or take the risk that i will Most likely get hit by a texter?
My decision is to ride. I’m not going to blame the phone nor am I going to sue the phone or my family sue the phone or take the phone to Court if something was to happen to me. No. That would be silly right? It’s not the bikes fault nor the phones or the jeeps. Catching what I’m throwing? Picking up what I’m putting down?

It’ll be the person or persons responsible handling these machines.
I see it as a human error poor decision making that can take the lives of innocent loved ones. Wanna ask me?

people are the problem!

make driving while texting pay!
I think there should be a $10,000 fine for anyone who is caught on their phone and to also suspend license for one year. If In an accident while texting that injurs someone, even larger penalty. Much much larger. Jail time too.
All we can do guys is educate and do our best to keep ours eyes up.
Place blame where blame belongs and that is the person or persons.

have a wonderful and SAFE day.

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
IMO…. Cellphones are really close to the worst thing that has happened to society. Parents don’t parent their children anymore, to busy on their phone. Family’s don’t socialize with each other anymore, to busy on their cellphones, garbage spread through social media, sex trafficking, and more. I think the world was much better off without these phones and yes I’m on this one right now, why? I guess cause I’m too damn lazy to get up and do something productive right now.?

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They're too busy to socialize... by socializing on the phone?

The kids are alright. Modern phones mean never being alone. Always having a library in your pocket. Being able to send a friend anywhere in the world a letter or message every day.

And yeah, some people are irresponsible with them. But air pollution kills more people than guns and road collisions combined.

This is all waaay off topic from the fact that EVs have ao much demand that no one can keep them in stock, and most have deep production preorder lists.

Did you ever think you'd see a day that the best car in almost every sector was an EV, and their demand would exceed supply? We've been told no one wanted them for so long...

-Crissa

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
They're too busy to socialize... by socializing on the phone?

The kids are alright. Modern phones mean never being alone. Always having a library in your pocket. Being able to send a friend anywhere in the world a letter or message every day.

And yeah, some people are irresponsible with them. But air pollution kills more people than guns and road collisions combined.

-Crissa
[/QUOTE
An assumption you choose to believe. There are errors in every calculation and assumptions based on every theory, come on Crissa your smarter than that.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
An assumption you choose to believe. There are errors in every calculation and assumptions based on every theory, come on Crissa your smarter than that.
There's no assumptions there, aside from defining what deaths from air pollution are and then counting them.

We can compare good air places vs worse air, and count just the mortality. We can control for types of deaths.

Air pollution is bad. And we're doing so much better than when I was a kid in the 80s.

But that doesn't mean we can't do better.

-Crissa

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Last
We would shut down all fossil fuel power generation. Amendment Felony for burning of any fossil fuel
These are interesting comments from someone who works at Boeing. Do you have something up your sleeve for the aviation industry to move away from fossil fuels?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
These are interesting comments from someone who works at Boeing. Do you have something up your sleeve for the aviation industry to move away from fossil fuels?
Catapults and gliders.

That's what the Boring company is mostly about, making massive underground rail guns to shoot massive gliders up to 39,000 feet into the air.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Many more lives could be saved by banning mobile phones and alcohol instead of banning fuel so don’t forget to add phone usage and drinking to the new list of felonies.
The thing is, switching from gas to electric cars just saves us money and results in cars that need less service, we still have the same functionality, only better. And the total cost is lower.

However, cell phones can increase productivity in profound ways. And we have already made it illegal to use them (and alcohol) while driving. So I don't see the point in banning them altogether.

There is no doubt that relying on fossil fuels so heavily has killed millions from cancer and diseases of the lungs, made children more stupid and reduced the quality of life of millions of additional people. It's really been a travesity and the sooner we can leave it behind us, the better.
Sponsored

Last edited: